Neurology Expert Forum
Tremors, blurry vision, loss of balance,and auditory hallucinations.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

First I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I've become concerned about some issues I've been having for the past few months, and I was hoping someone may have some clues as to what's going on. I have no insurance, so getting to the doctor is pretty hard. I have been experiencing tremors, blurry vision with a reduced field of vision, and I feel like I have a constant headrush. I fall at least 3 times a week, and I have been hearing strange sounds that no one else hears. I have also had some serious headaches, and I have had horrible night sweats and rolling nausea when I wake in the morning. My joints are sore and stiff, and I'm only 26 years old. I'm really starting to feel pretty terrible on a day to day basis. Any theories as to what this could be?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Regarding your tremor: there are several types of tremors. Some of the tremors occur more at rest (e.g., Parkinson’s disease), or when you are maintaining a posture, or when you are trying to grab an object or touch something. A common tremor is called an essential tremor. This type of tremor is genetic. It is usually worse with maintaining a posture. Treatment options include beta blockers such as propranolol, also you can try primidone which is an anti-seizure medication. Another tremor may be a physiological tremor which is exacerbated by stress and treated by reducing caffeine intake and stress.

The hearing changes and falling should also be evaluated. Various structural changes in the brain (particularly in the back of the brain) can cause these symptoms. A common cause is a benign tumor called a schwanoma (also called acoustic neuroma). This is diagnosed by MRI of the brain. Multiple sclerosis can cause some of your symptoms, but often, other symptoms are present as well. A normal MRI of the brain excludes multiple sclerosis. Thyroid problems, anemia, and dehydration can also lead to your symptoms.

As you can see, the differential is broad (and includes more than what I write above). It is difficult to provide more specific information without knowing more and without an examination. I would suggest you be evaluated by a primary care physician.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.