Trigeminal Neuralgia
I found out I have Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia.  What is the time line for it going away?  Will it go away-the pain?
I take Lyrica and when the pain was so severe I also took Lexapro, that did the trick! I go 3 to 4 months at a time with out pain!

I have atypical Neuralgia Trigeminal. As a first, you have to find right cause for that. In my case, they say that this Nerve is irritated on the way from brain down to the face. Either through sinusitis maxillaries (I have that for very long time, but very dry and swollen) or neck muscles. There is also Vein on my head, 10x11mm. On the end, I don't know what real cause is. I know only, that all my right side, especially my right eye very and almost always, very painful.
I take in the evening 1 and half drugs, the name is RIVOTRIL 2 mg (there is another name, I don't know now). I have tried Lyrica, it doesn't help at all.
Bobbie33
I also have Trigeminal Neuralgia, I have had for 3yrs now. According to my neuro doctor, it never goes away it may go into remission and that can go on for years. But I hate to say this, if it does go into remission and it comes back, it may be worse then it was before. It does help when you get into a support group.My doc's have my pain pretty much in check. I'm on 400mg Tegretal, 150mg of Pamelor. I'm also on 30mg of Baclofen. Good luck to all.
I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and I had the surgery Microvacular Decompression done and the pain went away. I am pain free for over 1 year now. I had this done at Brigham and Womens Hospital in Boston, MA
I have had it for 11 years on and off and today i have it again and have neurolgia all down my lower regions and its painful. I was given nothing and told to put up with it. But reading this i will now ask for meds.
I had rhinoplasty in 2005 and the doc in error collapsed the left side of my nose. I have had an excrustiating FIRE in the core of my brain since my eyes opened in the recovery room. I 've tried Depakote, all migraine meds, several pain meds and sleep aids. Nothing has touched this yet. Mine kills so badly and without reprieve that I cannot sleep. The pain increases when I try to lay flat, my scalp hurts so badly you cannot touch my head.  I am currently taking Carbamaizepine. (Almost 3-4 weeks now.) It has reduced  the level of the fire from a 10 (asking to die) to a 6. Does anyone experience an increase in pain as you lie down or rest your head on the back of the couch? Do you have a feeling of increased pressure in your head? I was told by a Chiropractor and a Neurologist that whenever you sustain significant trauma between your nose and chin area it sends a message to your 5th nerve that is located in the center of your head. The 5th nerve then sends pain messages to its attached nerve endings. The connecting areas to the 5th nerve are behind your eyes, in your temples and the base of your skull. I was told that the seizure meds are used in an attempt to cool the 5th nerve. I was told to live with my Trigeminal Neuralgia. This pain is enough to go crazy!
bobby33,  I have just been diagnosed with TN dec. 14, 5 days before I was scheduled for sinuplasty.  I would like to know how you are now?  I am trying to make a sinus connection.  Thank you.  kimburlee