Trigeminal neuralgia
I was diagnosed with trigemina lneualgia three years ago.  My first episode I just rode through without medicaton, but each time I get an episode it gets worse in intensity and last longer.  My doctor has only tried me on two medications and is pushing for surgery.  Can anyone who has had trigeminal tell me what medications they have taken and if they work.  I am getting desperate I am going on the third week on intense pain.  Also do any pain killers work?
sennis

This discussion is related to Trigeminal neuralgia more help.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Drug of choice for trigeminal neuralgia is carbamazepine but as the dose may vary according to severity therefore I would advise an oral medicine specialist consultation or at least a physician to confirm this diagnosis and get you treated accordingly. Essentially, trigeminal neuralgia may have a triggering factor like recent history of tooth extraction, touch, cold breeze or hot sensation etc. which you need to evaluate and avoid. Take care.