Trigeminal neurology
I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralogy. I had a car accident which I think played a role in causing this. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced this "ailment" and the causes.
Hi there.

Trigeminal neuralgia is a condition where the areas supplied by the trigeminal nerve experiences differing levels of pain.  The exact nature or causation of the disease is still unknown however, they have identified predisposing factors such as trauma, viral infections, or changes in temperature.  The management of the pain includes pharmacologic means through intake of pain medications, as well as non pharmacologic means such as rehabilitation.  Some would even go for alternative methods to relieve pain such as accupunture and accupressure.  The treatment of this condition really requires a good physician-patient relationship and a lot of patience.  

Regards and God bless.