Twitching and aching muscles
Hi all,

I am a 25 year old male and have been having a few weird symptoms for the last 4-5 months and was wondering if anyone could help.  In chronological order my symptoms have been the following:

1) Noticed an enlarged lymph node on my clavicle in December. Kept an eye on it but was worried sick it was cancer,especially after noticing enlarged groin nodes as well

2) Had a couple of episodes of night sweats

3) Feeling of fatigue, lack of appetite for a couple of weeks, followed by a couple of weeks of being fine

4) Pain under right ribcage, slightly elevated temperature..feeling of fatigue and loss of energy for another couple of weeks

Had blood tests and thyroid tests, all fine - drs sent me home and said there is nothing wrong with me

5) Sleeping problems..difficulty sleeping for a couple of weeks. Difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep.  This has since improved

6) For the last month I have been feeling fine, normal appetite, normal energy, still some trouble sleeping but not as bad.

7) But I have been having muscle twitching for the last month. Started at my right arm triceps - looked on line and saw diferent diseases and freaked out - has since spread all over (calfs, forearm, back of thighs, knees, biceps - weirdly enough no longer at triceps). Most noticeable when resting.

8) Muscle aching especially on the arm that started the twitching.  No muscle weakness as such, only pain and some fatigue

9) Buzzing feeling on left foot when sitting/lying down

Im worried I might have a neurological condition that has gone unnoticed for so long.  Blood tests, thyroid tests fine.  Since seeing the dr about the muscle twitches was told its probably just anxiety.  Am very worried and abit embarassed to keep going to the dr as ive been 4-5 times in the last month, having been only once before in the last 5 years.
Hi, Thank you very much for your question; This muscle twitching is also called as muscle fasciculation & appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times these symptoms occur without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after anxiety, hormonal imbalance, viral illness/or long term illness. But sometimes this muscle twitching appears as atrophy and weakness of muscle as well. Most likely cause of this twitching with weakness/atrophy of muscle can be when the nerve supplying to muscles is not functioning properly due to any neurological disorder. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in areas, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!

What was your vitamin D level. Tests will tell you that a level between 30-100 are ok but new studys show that levels need to be atleast 50 for optimal calcium absorption. You have all the signs of a vitamin D deficiency. Are your levels above 50.