Neurology Community
Twitching and pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Twitching and pain

There are a few things I want to ask, wich are really concerning me.
A month ago, both my calves and feet started to twitch everyday, mostly the right side. I also had other pats of my body twithcing but less frequently. My calves are feeling sore for the last few weeks, but tonight i woke up with a lot of pain in my right upper front leg. Every 10 sec. it starts to hurt alot for about 4 seconds.

Could these be ALS symptoms? I'm a 21 year old male and do not have ALS in my family history, do I have to be worried about this?
I'm writing to address your symptoms and offer a possible answer.  For the past year I've had twitching in my left calf and it progressed to both calves, then a few twitches here & there on my body and then a few twitches on my face, cheek and mouth area.  This fall I started aching in my thighs, other large muscle groups, and having muscle fatigue.  I was quite concerned as my father died of ALS.  I talked to my med. dr. about it and he scheduled me for MRI.  However, ALS is difficult to diagnose so I'm not relying at all on MRI results.  IN THE MEANTIME, I visited my Nathuropathic "dr.".  She specifically tested my nervous system.  My myelin sheath tested strong.  (The myelin sheath covers the nerves.  In ALS patients, the myelin sheath dies.)  My neurotransmiters tested strong.  However, my MODULAR-TRANSMITTER (it's a substance which the transports the neurotransmitters) was shorting out which would cause twitches which causes muscle fatigue which causes aching which causes a lot of worrying!  She told me to take 2 tsp. of Nature's Sunshine flax seed oil daily.  I bought a bottle of Barleans (high quality store flax seed oil), but had to take 3 tbsp. of it.  By the second day the twitches diminished by approx. 60%.  I was amazed after having coped with these symptoms for over a year.  I then ordered Nature's Sunshine flax seed oil (even higher quality) and began taking 2 tsp. daily.  The twitches have decreased by approx. 98% and the aching in my muscles is improving significantly and I feel stronger.  I'm not saying this remedy will fix your symptoms, but it might be worth a try.  My suggestion is for you to find a good Naturopath ask to have your nervous system muscle tested.  My neuropath had to get quite specific (in fact, when my neuromodulator tested weak, she didn't even know what the neuromodulator is) with the muscle testing to find out what was going on in my case.  Feel free to write back if you want further info.
(The flax seed oil MUST be high quality and you need to know how much to take.)