Neurology Expert Forum
UNUSUAL HEAD PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

UNUSUAL HEAD PAIN

I have a condition that responds with a dull transient  pain in
the left side of my forehead above my left eyebrow when that area
is lightly touched. This condition has persisted for the last 8 months. No soreness is present, and the pain exists only when the area is touched and then dissipates immediately. Even a strong wind or head motion can some times cause the pain response. Sometimes, the pain appears to be more behind the
left eye and at other times, in the left forhead.
An MRI impression was :

ALthough  your symptoms are not typical of this disease, the distribution of the pain (forehead, behind eye) that is touch sensitive could represent a form of trigeminal neuralgia. This is a fancy term for a pain condition that affects the 5th cranial nerve which is responsible for sensation to the face (among other functions).The 5th nerve is further divided into 3 sections: simply the forehead and eye, the upper cheek, and the lower cheek and chin. No one's quite sure what causes this, but a herpes infection is one thought.
Other considerations include specific types of headaches, some pathologic condition that involves the the 5th cranial nerve,or small stroke in the thalamus where the sensory fibers go. A neurological exam would be helpful if you haven't already seen someone. Best of luck to you.
Hello my name is xamoncreia i have severe headaches that keep me up all night for 7years i have had these headaches they have stopped me from working. i ve tried tension pills they did not work.my symptoms are.  1.dull headache pain along with a pressure/squeezing feel in my forehead&the bridge of my nose ,my cheeks fill full and my eyes swell. and when i put pressure on my nose by squeezing it the headache subsides but as soon as i let go of my nose the pain is worse and it last all day long ,it especially gets worse at night.i cry my self to sleeo most of the time. i had a ct scan done and they found that i have a slight deviated septum. does this sound like all of this pain can be caused by a deviated septum if so where can i get help and what doctor should i see. I NEED HELP BAD I CANT TAKE THE PAIN ANYMORE.p.s this headache has me bed ridden what do id . and has anyone else experienced this kind of pain. thank you for reading my complaint. from xamoncreia
A related discussion, Unusual head pain was started.