Neurology Community
Ulnar Nerve Entrapment and/or Shoulder Tendonitis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the past 2 years, I have had numbness from the middle of my left palm to the ring and pinky fingers. My step son (a nurse) says it's ulnar nerve entrapment. I had a conduction test done and there is "minor damage" but nothing was ever said about entrapment. My step son nailed my symptoms where no doctor has ever mentioned nerve entrapment at all. What I was wondering was if the ulnar nerve can be entrapped at the shoulder. Since August '07 I have had increasing pain in my left shoulder. Was given an MRI and told it is chronic tendinitis. I had a cortisone shot and it did not help - in fact, it got worse. I tried acupuncture - it seemed to help a little for a while - but now it's back to its old achy, immobile state again. I have had an odd sympton occur in the last 3-4 weeks - my left armpit sweats a LOT - causing chafing and a rash. I've been using good old baby powder to try to keep it dry and it helps somewhat. Also, I've had a couple of spots on my left shoulder where it looked like a mosquito had bitten me - but the bites have been there for 3 months now and they still itch and are often painful - but appear as just tiny "pin-pricks" on my skin. Could any of these things be cause by the same thing - symptoms of ONE condition - or do I have 3 separate issues: nerve entrapment, chronic tendinitis  and stubborn spider/mosquito bites? After 5 months of shoulder pain and 2 years of hand numbness with nothing the doctors do helping at all, I'm not sure what's going on here. Just frustrated. Thanks for any suggestions/help you might offer!