Neurology Community
Ulnar Nerve Transposition of Elbow

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ulnar Nerve Transposition of Elbow

I have to have ulnar nerve surgery, and I am trying to find out all I can about the surgery before I go for a Consult with the Dr. How is the surgery preformed,in the elbow region? What exactly takes place during the procedure? How long is the surgery? Do you usually have to stay over night because the surgery is so ivasive? How long will it take to heal and then start OT-PT?
I have had ulnar nerve transposition in both elbows and both were day surgeries. I had them at a sports clinic; they start off with an IV and place a turnkey cuff on the upper arm just below the arm pit. They gave me something in the IV to relax me and were told that it would not be a general antistatic. Don’t remember the surgery and woke up as they moving me of the operating bed to the gurney, took a littel over an hour, I spent about an hour and half in recovery then released. It’s the next day and I’m still quite frozen, the first time I had the surgery they did the nerve block in the shoulder and the freezing lasted maybe nine hours. This time the block was above the elbow.
I had ulnar nerve repositioning done 5 years ago.  Never got rid of elbow sensitivity, in fact, is worse.  Can't even lay elbow on soft mattress w:o pain.  Also get thumb pain when laying arm on hugging pillow.  Is this normal?