Ulnar nerve entrapment
I am a 21 year old female and have been experience 'numbness' in my right forearm and hand through the ulnar nerve.  I have been swimming for as long as I can remember, distance mostly, so Thoracic Outlet Syndrome seemed like a likely cause.  Two doctors came to that conclusion without doing any MRIs or Emgs.  It is constant feeling of the nerve firing and increases whenever i write or cold weather.  It goes into my elbow also but stops there.  I have been doing physical therapy for TOS waiting to have surgery but after finally getting an EMG and multiple other nerve tests there was no evidence of nerve entrapment or decreases in the responsiveness of the nerve so i canceled the surgery.  Do you have any idea of what else could be causing the such specific symptoms??
Hello.

I would like to consider the possibility of medial epicondylitis (swimmers' elbow). Please read this extract from  - http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/tennis_elbow/

"...Medial epicondylitis ......  characteristically occurs with wrist flexor activity and pronation. Medial epicondylitis can result from (1) late forehand biomechanics where the player quickly snaps the wrist to bring the racquet head forward, (2) the back-scratch or cocking phase when serving, which places tremendous stress on the medial tissues of the elbow, (3) in the right elbow of a right-handed golf swing by throwing the club head down at the ball with the right arm rather than pulling the club through with the left arm and trunk (also referred to as "golfers elbow"), or (4) improper pulling technique with certain swim strokes, especially the backstroke (also referred to as "swimmers elbow")."

The pain in this case will be on the inner side of the elbow and it may travel up or down the elbow.

Please discuss this with your specialist.

Regards