Neurology Community
Ulnar nerve pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ulnar nerve pain

I have been having pain in my upper right arm since July 2012.  I've had an EMG, nerve conduction test, ultrasound, x-rays and MRI.  The MRI didn't show anything but the EMG did show an entrapped ulnar nerve above the elbow (about 2" above elbow)..All the dr's I have seen pretty much say they can't do anything.  The pain has been so severe that I ended up in the ER in September (that didn't help either).  

Since the entrapment is above the elbow is there ANYTHING that can be done?  I am on 600mg of neurontin and Neurologist wants me to up it to 900mg....I'll be a blubbering idiot if I do that.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Effective treatment for ulnar nerve entrapment requires resolving the underlying cause. Identifying and avoiding the positions and activities that aggravate symptoms initially helps. If therapy is not indicated and prescription medication is not helping, trying alternative medicine such as acupuncture may help. Seeking a second opinion from another neurologist may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.