Neurology Expert Forum
Under right eye twitch/headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Under right eye twitch/headache

Hello-
I am a 38 year old Caucasian female who has been noticing a slight twitch directly under my right eye for a little over 2 years now.  It happens occasionally but for no apparent reason.  I get plenty of sleep.  This morning it has occured.  Prior to this happening, I had a sharp pain in my head, kinda like a headache but not lasting very long.  The pain occured in the area above my left eye, right around my hairline (but inside my head).
I am curious if you feel I should have this checked out by a specialist because I have a friend whose mother had a similiar happening and she ended up having a tumor in her brain. (Only symptom was the eye twitch).  Have you any advice?
I thank you in advance for your time and look forward to your response.

Lisa
Eyelid twitching most commonly occurs when our muscles are fatigued. Regarding the headache, if this is occuring more frequently, then I agree it should be evaluated. Start by seeing your primary doctor. If something is concerning then a referral to a neurologist can be made. Good luck.
PS. Today is the 18th and I have the twitching under my eye again and last night I noticed an almost throbbing(?) like sensation of a feeling in my backside left leg and am wondering if this could all be in conjunction?  PLEASE RESPOND!!!!THANK YOU!
PPSS.  I just had a complete eye exam 2 weeks ago and I have no eye problems.
Hello again and thank you for your response.  I wanted to clarify that the twitching DOES NOT occur in my eyelid-it is actually a twitch that occurs under my eye, right where your so-called "circles" are.  Tonight, it has switched over to the left side (under my eye).  Does this make a difference in your opinion at all?
THank you and have a good evening.
Hi, I am in awe that I found your post.  I have had the EXACT same symptoms for the past two weeks.  First it started out with really bad pains in my head that only lasted a very short time.  Then almost automatically I noticed the twitching under the eye which occurs many times a day.  I am also getting the pulsating in my leg.  Please, please, please let me know what you did or if it went away.  I have had a CT scan done by my primary doctor and it came back negative.  The first appointment I could get with a neurologist is on Feb. 12th.  I am so anxious to know what is going on.  You may email me at ***@****.

Thanks so much!!!
Tiffany
I too, have had a twitch under my left eye...and a bad headache..almost comparing to a migrane (migraine)..this is not the first time this has happened to me..I just started on Wellbutrin for stress, I dont know if this is part of the problem..But I cannot deal with the headaches-I tried changing my contact lenses to a new pair, and cutting down the caffeine, (I am a tea drinker)..I am concerned, if anyone has any suggestions, besides waiting a month to see a neurologist-please e-mail me at ***@****
I have the same under eye twitch (even the right eye!)  My headaches haven't been exactly as you describe, but I've been having some really bad ones.  I am on Wellbutrin as well but I've been on it for about 16 months.  I will have to check with my doctor to see if it is a possible side effect.  It wasn't listed in my information from the pharmacy.
Today I went to the ER because my twitch under my right eye was so heavy it awakened me. They played it off like I had anxiety and gave me xanex, and eye drops for an infection. I dont think this diagnosis is correct and I am very hesitant about the eye drops. Can someone please tell me what neurologists have said about your twitch? thanks
I had sharp pain spike headaches and the like. the doctirs passed it off told me I was too young to have heart attack or stroke and claimed it probably hart burn.  

CT scans do not always show everything, it is the limits of the xrays.  My CT scans showed nothing.  The MRI however showed a number of lesions and stuff.  the doctirs now figure I had at least three  mild strokes.  All of this resulted from being poisoned by my former employer.

just figure you shuld know about the limist of CT scans

I am having the same symptoms (sharp headache, and eye twitch). I also have been having nosebleeds for no reason.  This just started this last week or two, and I am not on any medications, herbs, or supplements.  I thought it was from chlorine vapors from the swimming pool, so I stopped for 4 days, but the eye twitches and nosebleeds are still happening.
A related discussion, uppereyelid twitching and headaches was started.
A related discussion, eye twicth was started.
A related discussion, Headaches and eye twitching was started.