Understanding an MRI at C6-7
Please tell me what this means for an MRI.
c5-6 a diffuse bulge with slightly more focal central protrusion.Minimal to mild central canol narrowing.
c6-7  a broad bulge is present with probably extrsio resulting in mild cneteral canal narrowing.  The foramina are moderate,y narrowed right greater then left b y the diffuse bulge component.  Some disk material extends both superior and inferior from the disk level with uplifing of the posterior longitudinal ligament.
c-7 and T-1  Small central protrusion is  present.
Hi Mandy,
How are you feeling? How old are you? What are your symptoms?
Your MRI report suggests that you have spinal disc pathology.
There are many different terms used to describe spinal disc pathology and associated pain, such as “herniated disc”, “pinched nerve”, and “bulging disc”. The bones which form your spine are called as vertebrae. The space between two vertebras is cushioned with disc. When disc bulge or break open due to any reasons like ageing, or trauma to spine, it is called as herniated disc and this can cause pinching of nerve. It can happen in any region, but is more common at lower back in lumbar region and cervical region.
It is advisable for you to do physiotherapy for relief of pain and spasm of muscle, pain killers and pain management specialist for conservative management.
What does the doctor have to say about this?
What treatment is planned?
Keep me informed.
I would be interested to keep a follow up.
Bye.