Neurology Community
Unusual pressure on top of head when laying down

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My spouse has been having problems going to sleep as well as staying asleep because it "feels like someone is pressing down really hard on the top of my head." This has cause him to wake up and prevented him from going to sleep too. He says that the pressure lets up when he he is sitting. He is starting to experience this during the day as well although not as bad as it is at night. The fact that he has told me about it tells me that it has been going on for a while and has reached the point where it is really bothering him.

His general doctor is at a loss but has been doing some testing such as MRI and blood work. Does anyone know what this might be or what kind of specialist that he should see that might be able to figure this out?