Neurology Community
Upper back pain with right arm pain and tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello I have had upper back pain for about a year now.  I have been to a chiropractor and the pain was off and on while I was going.  At first it used to wrap around my ribs.  After seeing the chiropractor it just stayed localized to the upper middle of my back.  Now for the past month it has progressivly moved into my right arm and hand.  I have pain and tingling to the point that there are times that I have a hard time holing a book or a pen.  I had x-rays done and they said that everything was fine and that they still can't understand why I am having this pain.  Asprin doesn't work anymore and they gave me a muscle relaxent that didn't do a thing.  I also hear and/or feel my back cracking or popping sometimes when I take a deep breath.  I am right handed and this is interfering in my daily activities, and is making it increasingly difficult to sleep at night.  I just want to know what is wrong and how to fix it.