Neurology Expert Forum
Urine Question

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Urine Question
My urine smells like a chemical (ammonia)When I urinate  normally the smell is not there, it only appears if someone makes me laugh and I urinate a little on my under wear. The smell is really bad, bad enough for someone sitting next to me to notice the smell, It has also taken the color out of my under wear,(a bit like bleach)I have been to my GP who took a urine sample and the test came back clear no infection.This has been going on for 3 years now.Also my dr thought it could be to do with medication.......but I was not on medication at the time.

Please can you suggest something...as I am almost certain this has something to do with another underlying condition I have.

I appreciate any comments thanks in advance.
This question is outside my area of expertise. I would suggest that you ask an internal medicine doctor or a urologist (kidney and urine system doctor). Sorry I can not help.
HI, I'M NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD RELATE TO YOU BUT MY 1 1-2 YEAR
OLD GETS THIS AMONIA SMELL ONCE IN AWHILE AND IT DRIVES MY CRAZY
I READ UP ON IT IN A CHILD BOOK AND IT SAID THAT URINE CAN SMELL
LIKE THIS IF YOU EAT ALOT OF PROTEIN, WHICH SHE DOES, SHE EATS
ALOT OF MEAT..,
GOOD LUCK