Neurology Community
VAGUS NERVE TREATMENT

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

VAGUS NERVE TREATMENT

I'VE HAD A CRONIC (chronic) COUGH FOR OVER 20 YEARS. I BELIEVE THAT IT IS CAUSED BY IRRITATION OF THE VAGUS NERVE.  WHEN I GET THE SENSATION TO COUGH I FEEL PRICKLEY STINGY FEELINGS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY THROAT. I PUT PRESSURE ON IT AND MOST OF THE TIME I CAN STOP THE COUGH FROM COMING.  ALSO, MY COLON GETS VERY TIGHT AND BULGY AND I FEEL THE TIGHTNESS ON MY VAGUS NERVE AND AGAIN I PUT PRESSURE ON IT AND ALSO I PUT PRESSURE ON MY LOWER LEFT SIDE WHERE THE COLON IS.  IT FEELS VERY HARD AND LUMPY.  MOST OF THE TIME I CAN STOP MY COUGH BY JUST PUTTING PRESSURE THERE.  I'M  REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO FINDING SOME HELP FOR THIS CONDITION.  I HAD TO STOP WORKING BECAUSE I CAN'T TALK FOR MORE THAN 3 OR 4 MINUTES WITHOUT COUGHING.  I DON'T GO OUT MUCH BECAUSE  I COUGH EVERYWHERE I GO.  I'M DESPERATE TO FIND HELP.  PLEASE HELP ME.  THANKS
Avatar n tn
I have had a chronic cough for 11 years.  I know when it is starting.  I feel a tightness in my throat.  I have been to many doctors, taken countless tests and meds to no avail.  recently I went to one more ENT who was a throat specialist and he diagnosed me with vagul neuropathy and started me on elevil 20mg at night.  This past week has been the best of my 11 years that I have suffered.  I don't know much about this condition but wanted to share it with you
Nanci,

I am a teacher and I have had a "lump" sensation in my throat for two years.  Sometimes it is just a lump, but other days, I am in terrible pain.  I have seen five ENTs and just had an MRI.  If you read this, would you please contact me at ***@****.

Michael
Avatar n tn
My son is dealing with on going coughing (4 months now).  He's been treated for varient cough asthma, sphenoide sinusitis, acid reflux. whooping cough, bronchitis,  we found out from a chiropractic neurologist the cough is due to laryngeal sensory neuropathy.  I'm done with the docs in our area and found Dr. Bastian of the Bastian Voice Institute in IL online.  He has a very informative wed site and could possibly provide you some guidance.  We have nor seen him yet but we're hopeful by what we've seen onhis informative videos.  Just thought you might like to try him.
Annette