Neurology Community
VIsion Distubrnaces with Neck Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

VIsion Distubrnaces with Neck Pain

Im 23 years old and have a 2 and a half year old daughter.. When i was 6 months pregnant, i starting experiencing Vision problems. Floater, double vision and bad night time vision. I also get horrible neck pain. The vision problems have been there 24/7 for almost 3 years now. I have had a spinal tap and MRI and have been to john hopkins eye center and have found nothing. Im scared and starting to lose hope.. any suggestions on something else to look at?
Please consult a Neuro-opthalmologist.He would be able to associate your visual disturbances with neurologic problems.
Do a blood work and consult your GP to rule diabetic retinopathy.
Some tumors can press on the optic nerve to cause visual disturbance.MRI will help in diagnosing tumors.
Goodluck.

I also have a lot of vision problems.  I am 27 and have 2 kids.  I have lots of floaters, halos, sensitive to sun and blurry  I also have flickering lights in my vision.  I have seen soooooo many doctors and I have seen 2 eye doctors at the mayo.  Still know one has a answer for me yet.  I have almost lost hope but when its your vision its pretty scary.  I have been to the er alot.  Good luck I have horrible neck pains too   I will let you know if they fing anything out with me
Thank you so much for sharing your story with me.. It  is scary, but to know im not alone is a little relief. I felt so alone this whole time, and was wondering why ive never heard of it happening to anyone else. I appreciate you talking to me and as well if i find anything out i will let you know=) please keep me up to date
This all sounds like Visual Snow. It is a condition that is considered rare, and there is very little research on it, but as more people are learning about it more people are realizing it is what has plagued them. I have had it all my life and just thought it was the way everyone saw things. http://eyeonvision.org/visual-snow.html