VP SHUNT
HASA ANYONE EVER HAD A SHUNT SLUR THIER SPEECH, MAKE THE DIZZY AND VISION PROBLEMS? I HAD BRAINSTEM SURGERY AND HYDRO DEVELOPED 30 DAYS LATER DISCOVER BY MY EYEDOC. MY NERO REFUSES TO ADJUST AND TWEAK IT. IT TAKES MONTHS TO GET AN APPOINTMENT, BUT HE ADMITTED ME FAST 8X IN ONE YEAR.
Hi there. These do not sound like symptoms directly due to VP shunt nor directly due to raised intracranial pressure. The dizziness and vision problems could be due to increased intracranial pressure. You need to undergo a brain MRI to check the level of block or other associated intracranial lesions. Consult your neurosurgeon again and let him do a permanent fix or therapy for this. Take care.
I HAD AN MRI DONE 01/21 AND DOC SAYS EVERTHING LOOKS OK. I SEE HIM ON FRIDAY. MY HAKIM SHUNT IS AT 12 DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT. GO ANY LOWER AND THEN WHY HAVE IT, I ALSO AM ATAXIC AND SWAY SIDE TO SIDE,