VP shunt for IH swelling
I have a vp shunt for IH(intercranial hypertension) and I saw my neurosurgeon today for swelling in my neck and chest along the tube. The area around the shunt itself in my head feels tender and bruised... very painful... I feel as though they are not taking me seriously. Im in a lot of pain and all they have done is order ct scan of my head and a shunt series xray... Any ideas on why my tube would be swelling or my shunt feel this way? only other symptoms is increased fatigue, slight naseau and severe pain. Please help me...
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be due to an infection/inflammation of the shunt. This needs to be treated for your symptoms to resolve. Please discuss various options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi,  I was wondering if they ever figured out what the problem is?  My daughter is going through the same thing, but all tests have come back normal.  No one can explain why this is happening, the doctors don't seem to be too concerned.  Just said to come back it it gets worse.  Thanks.