VP shunt
My daughter has had a VP shunt for 20 years.  She also had a craniotomy 19 years ago and they removed and replaced the skull at the top of her head.  Later she had  cadaver bone to fill in where the bone had absorbed.  Four weeks ago she had a C-Section without complications.  She has been experiencing a headache for five days now.  The pain is sharp and localized to the top of her head where the craniotomy was performed.  The pain is constant and does not throb.  OTC meds dull it but does not make it go away.  There is no other symptoms of shunt malfunction.  Could it be a shunt malfuntion, or if not, what else could it be?
my husband has head trauma induced chiari 1. fell @ work 6 years ago, nightmare ever since. craniectomies, fosterior fossa  revisions, shunts, revisions etc. Last year alone,  staph infection in codman shunt, externalization, new shunt, cranial-cervical fixation, asperation pnuemonia, finally after a year of going back and forth to the neurosurgeons with complaints that the new shunt didnt feel right, it was painful and problematic in that I was seeing my husband deteriorate mentally as well as physically we had a final  shunt revision. diagnosis was exclusionary, and the revision was a final attempt to find cause of his nearly fatal deterioration. Kink in the line!!!! how can a year of mri, ct, x ray etc fail to see kink. He was damaged as a result. hydrocaephalus built up under the shunt site, decay in mental status \, orientation, he was just released from a rehab, but has severe cognition issues  etc. I am devestated. this is the hardest time of our lives. we trusted that the best drs. in the world would not be dropping the ball! After all this suffering, he is worse from all of this. What can we do?