Neurology Community
Vascular loop of AICA

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vascular loop of AICA

About 2 months ago suddenly I saw white flashes, got anxious and had to rush to the hospital. Then doctor gave me petril, orikonase tablet and asked me not to worry but take a MRI to rule out any abnormality.

The Non-Contrast MRI scan of the brain said

" Type II vascular of AICA around right VII-VIII nerve complex.

Currently I am doing fine, however sometimes I get pain inside the head at the backside of head...

What does the MRI scan state and what is the treatment that I need to go to have a comprehensive remedy....

Thanks in advance
Hi!
Type II  anterior inferior cerebellar artery (AICA) c loop is present at  the porus acousticus of skull and extends into around 50% of the internal auditory canal (IAC). When this is associated with the facial (VIIth cranial nerve) and vestibulocochlear (VII th cranial nerve) nerve, then it may cause compression of these nerves and result in hearing problems, facial pain or spasm, tinnitus etc. Your doctor will need to correlate your symptoms with this finding. If the symptoms correlate with the finding, then you may need decompression surgery to lift the pressure off the nerves.  
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Dear Dr.Kokil Mathur,

Appreciate on your revert.

HWEVER my neurologist stated nothing to worry and gave me Orokinase tablet & sometimes asked me to take petril. It has been 3 months when I was diagnosed such, however I used petril tablets for about 2-3 days and I felt too dizzy and I stopped talking it.

I used Orokinase for 1month and sri popped that too.

However now & then I feel some kind of a slight pain in the back side of the head & sometimes other part of the head. This remains for few minutes and goes off.

However what is the best method you would suggest that should help in comprehensive diagnosis & treatment. Is it possible of using Ayurveda, yoga, kalari chikitsa instead of decompression surgery..

And what is the best hospital for this to approach in Bangalore. Thanks in advance.