Neurology Expert Forum
Vasculitis/Fibromyalgia

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vasculitis/Fibromyalgia

Posted By Laura R. Seidman on February 22, 1998 at 18:24:01:

I was diagnosed with vasculitis and fibromyalgia about a year and a half ago after bad joint pain, a positive ANA and then waking up with no feeling on my left side (Dr. initially thought it was a stroke and/or lupus).  I have been through every battery of tests you can think of.  Currently on Prednisone and Imuran, and seems that I can't go below 50 mg. Imuran without adverse reaction.  At one point I was on 60 mg. of Prednisone and 100 mg. of Imuran.  Continue to have pain/numbness on left side - including face, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, extreme joint pain, Raynaud's, extreme sensitivity to cold (can't stand to have my arms/legs exposed in any weather), inability to sleep and blurred vision.  Most recent was a rash around the eyes and on my neck.  I've seen a rheumatologist (my main doctor), the head of the neurology department at U. of Miami-Jackson Memorial, a dermatologist, an opthalmologist and another neurologist.  I am newly married and was advised one month after my marriage by my OB/GYN that I should not have children because of the high risk.  I am a 32-year-old female attorney who really cannot afford to be out of work with this illness.  It's all I can do to drag myself through the end of the work week - I have to lie in bed almost all weekend to recover (I'm lucky to have a supportive husband).  I already missed two months last year.  Any suggestions?

A related discussion, inmune system abnormalities was started.