Neurology Community
Venous Anomaly

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Venous Anomaly

My 10 yr old daughter had an MRI and amongst other abnormalities the report stated she has an venous anomaly.  My question is should I keep her off of amusement park rides because of this?  Or even because of any of the other things noted in the report below.  Are there any  restrictions I should be aware of?

Report reads as follows...

The left hippocampus has a slightly globular shape, of unclear clinical significance.  Otherwise the hippocampi are unremarkable and symmetric in signal.

There is a tiny right choroidal fissure cyst, often just an incidental finding of clinical significance.

The ventricles and sulci are normal in size and configuration.  The pineal gland contains two cysts, the gland measuring appromimately 9 mm, and there is no gross solid enhancing mass lesion within the pineal.  Otherwise no parenchymal lesion is identified.  A possible small developmental venous anomaly is noted in the right frontal lobe.  There is no midline shift, mass effect, abnormal enhancement, or acute infarction.

The posterior fossa structures are normal.  The cerebellar tonsils terminate above the level of the foramen magnum.  There is no abnormal extraaxial fluid collection.

The visualized major intracranial arterial flow voids are present.  No definite abnormality is seen in the visualized portions of the orbits.  The middle ear cavities and mastoid air cells are clear.  There is minimal bilateral sphenoid and right greater than left maxillary sinus mucosal thickening.

No definite structural abnormality identified as the source of the patient's abnormal EEG.  Slightly globular shape of left hippocampus, of unclear clinical significance.

Cystic pineal gland.