Neurology Community
Ventricles dilated

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ventricles dilated

I had a CT scan of my one day old son and  his CT scan shows that "The occipital and temporal horns of bilateral lateral ventricles appear dilated. The third and fourth ventricles appear normal. Hypodensity is noted near the occipital horn of left lateral ventricle? Periventricular ooze." Impression mentioned is : FINDINGS ARE SUGGESTIVE OF COLPOCEPHALY.
Else is normal in the CT scan report
Now my son is two month old and yesterday he suffered a kind of paralysis attack on right side by moving his boths eyes and mount on his right side with shaking his hand for 5 seconds.
Kindly suggest further.
kindly let me know what kind of seriousness is their in case and is this proper cureable.

Thanks for your post.
Colpocephaly is a disorder where there is enlargement of the occipital horns due to lack of thickening of white matter in the brain. It is characterized by small head, mental retardation, seizures, motor abnormalities and muscle spasms.
The treatment is mainly to control to symptoms like anticonvulsants to control seizures.
The prognosis depends upon the extent of brain damage and severity of associated conditions.
Please consult an experienced neurologist in your area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colpocephaly

Take care!