Neurology Community
Vercila Zoster Virus

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vercila Zoster Virus

During my visit to my parents last year, my Father had Herpes and after the visit I had an MS like symptoms and a very high IgG for Zoster and Cytomegalus Viruses with normal IgM in my blood tests without any skin rash,  Now this month my father had the blood tests for these two viruses and a very high ratio of IgG and a normal IgM were still reported.  

Though now he do not have any skin rash or pain, is he still contagious and can cause a MS relapse ?
Hi there!

IgG is the long term antibody that gets established a few weeks after an infection and stays for life to give immunity. Increased IgG levels should not be anything to worry about. An MS relapse is unlikely to be related to elevated IgG levels.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!