Neurology Community
Vertigo, Neck pain, Head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vertigo, Neck pain, Head pain

I'm 26 and a mother of 2.  I'm not a sickly person and rarely have to go to the doctor but just before Thanksgiving I woke up with vertigo. I've never had vertigo before so it was strange to me. I was stuck in bed for 3 days before it got any better. I haven't had verti ... [More] go since but still feel a little dizzy at times. On Christmas Eve I woke up and had severe neck pain. If I moved it even the slightest I would have shocking pain all through my body. Again I have never had any neck problems before and it was all of a sudden like the vertigo.  It lasted about 4 days and now it's just sore and stiff all the time. The last 'symptom' was on January 11th this year. I woke up feeling fine and all of a sudden I had excrutiating head pain! It hit the front of my head, then my temples, then the back of my head behind my ears. It was both sides of my head. I had trouble with my vision, hearing and it was hard to talk. The pain put me in the floor screaming for relief. The ER doctors were baffled and just gave me pain killers. Since then I've been to an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor and he has found a cyst in my maxillary sinus cavity but he says this is not the cause of my problems. I've seen a Neurologist and she also agrees that my problems are neurological and not because of a cyst. I've been to an Orthopedic surgeon and he says that I have mild degenerative disc disease but this also isn't the cause of my pain. All 3 doctors are working together on this and have ordered a MRI of the brain. I won't see them for 2 weeks so this is driving me crazy. Anyone have anything similar to me?
Hi...I know it is diff to wait, but until all the tests r in and the Brain MRI is important  part of testing there is no way to speculate  as ur symptoms fall into categories for many diff conditions.

Try to relax and post an update after ur MRI....btw- ask for copies of the MRI and report, just in case u wan to get another opinion.

Good luck
"selma"
I can understand how deviastating not knowing what is going on with your body.  You go to bed and wake up the next day with a bunch of medical problems you never had in your life; scary.  Like selmaS stated, try to keep relaxed; it can be difficult with two children.  Have your husband, boyfriend, family members, etc. help you when you are not feeling so great.  Rest when you can and take care of yourself.    

The MRI is very important, so you have to wait for that unfortunately.  I do agree with the Neurologist; something neuro is going on with you.  

You can always vent on this forum if you like; we are here to listen.  Most of us in these forums are battling something; you are not alone.  The same thing happened to me back in August 2009, one afternoon I started experiencing vertigo and then other symptoms started to appear over the months; I am still getting testing at this time; they have not figured me out quite yet.  We can all agree in my case it is neuro.  I look at it this way, at least I presented with symptoms telling me something is wrong, but I am still independent (able to dress myself, feed myself, cook).  When I feel I need to relax/rest, my hubby helps me out.    

Keep us posted.  

i woke up fine as could be one morning, and BAM! spinning does not even start to say what I felt, had to hit the floor, could not get up, hospital for 3 day's. Ct's, Mri, Mra, all ok. since then I have had vertigo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's wrong!