Neurology Community
Vertigo, shortness of breath, headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vertigo, shortness of breath, headaches

I've been reading a lot of these posts and they really scared me. So I was wondering if anybody had any advice to give me about what I've been going through, I've been trying to post on the "Ask a Nurse" forum but it keeps saying they reached their daily max for questions.

This has been happening more frequently and intensely for about the past two or three months, so now I'm getting really worried and have been considering seeing a doctor. So what's going on is I've been getting really faint and short of breath all the time. As long as I can remember I've always had the "sparkling white light" kind of vision if I got up too fast from sitting for a while or anything like that. But now it's happening more and more often. And I'd like to include that I've been an avid marijuana smoker for a little over 3 years now, and it's the smoke almost everyday kind of thing. I thought this was the problem because lately when I'd smoke it'd make all my symptoms a million times worse,like the last time I got high I couldn't stand for more than a minute without feeling like I was going to pass out. But I haven't been smoking lately and all the symptoms are still there. Like today it was really weird, I was in my English class and the entire time I felt like I was going to faint, I couldn't stop yawning and my limbs kept tingling. I had to read my paper to the class, which was about 7 pages and took me about 12minutes to read, and after I was done my head wouldn't stop shaking and it was hard to breathe. I've only fainted once in my life and I'm sure it was a direct result of heat exhaustion, but from that experience I know what it feels like. I've also experienced frequent headaches throughout my life but lately they've also been more often and more intense. I've also experienced frequent insomnia lately, hence why this is being posted at 12:30 at night. I can't sleep unless I'm extremely exhausted. The other night I laid in bed awake until 5 in the morning, for no reason at all, I just couldn't fall asleep.

I also have exercise induced asthma if that matters? And I've always had bad allergies that make me cough frequently.

Any advice? I'm really scared and any feedback would be comforting. Thanks for your time!