Neurology Community
Vertigo caused by a pinched nerve in the neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have Fibromyalgia and have been taking the same medicines for over 6 months.  I recently had a severe case of what the ER Doctor said was vertigo.  I had a disc problem in my neck in 2004 that the Dr. said was to close to the nerves in my neck to operate on, however he removed bone spurs that releived the symptoms.  This is the second severe case of Vertigo since then that has landed me in the ER for treatment.  Both times it was treated as a minor problem.  After reading about vertigo, I am asking can my problem be caused by a pinched nerve that should be looked into?  I have aslo read about a tumor could be the casue, however would a tumor react to medicine(Antivert)?