Neurology Community
Very bulging veins, sweaty hands and feet, red hands

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My issue is rather complicated. I am 18 and male. When i put my arms down my arms and hands immediately get very bulging, especially when it's hot. Im skinny, but i dont work out too much so that wouldnt be the cause. But when i put my arms up it all goes away. Everyone also comments that my hands are always red, probably because of this. also, no matter what the temperature, my hands and feet are always sweaty. my hands feel hot to me but others mention they are cold. my feet also feel cold but still sweaty. I'm wondering if all of this might be connected? is it a vein valve problem?? i seem much too young for this many problems, but it's driving me crazy!!!
Some people (including myself) are more vascular than others. If it helps you ----- I am more than twice your age and same body type and symptoms that you describe and it has never been the source of any medical issue for me. Hope that reasssures- you but if you are still concerned see a doctor with those complaints and get a professional opinion. Good luck my friend!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. This appears to be due to incompetent valves in deep veins of hands or varicose veins. You need to consult a surgeon for examination. You will have to undergo a duplex ultrasound of the veins to confirm the diagnosis. Hyperhidrosis, raynaud’s phenomenon are other possibilities and connective tissue disorders like scleroderma, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis, SLE etc. will have to be checked for. Hope this helps. Take care.

well i went to the doctor, he didnt think anything was wrong, but i think otherwise. also i have noticed when laying on my side the veins in my forehead start bulging out. adding that on to the bulging heavy veins in my hands, arms, feet, and legs. yeah, that can't be normal. to me it does sound like a valve problem like dr sharma said. any other thoughts?
I have the exact same problem and I'm nineteen. The hand do start feeling hot and sweaty. There was a time I was running and swimming really hard....I mean just too much. I lost weight and then these veins appeared. Though the veins on my forearms are less prudent now, the ones on the back of my palm are just gigantic. I try as much as possible to stay cold, like swim a little because that's the only time the veins contract. I just hate hot weather.