Very worried about new diagnosis for my son
My son just turned 11 yrs old the past few days and has been diagnosed with growth hormone defiency in December 2009 after gettting an MRI there showed no mass/tumor present.  He has been on a growth hormone injection daily with only 25% results, the doctor did another MRI this past Friday & found a Pituitary Microadenoma and we have an appt with a neurosurgeon this coming Thursday.  

Has anyone with a child been through this type of situation?  Right now we are told it is small & benign but as a parent I can't stop crying. He has been through so much with all this happening. Now we know the reason for his pituitary dwarfism.

Please share your comments with me. I'm very upset.

Thank you!
I had two pituitary tumors. I can understand. I had Cushing's and a prolactinoma. I am currently panhypopituitary, and that includes growth hormone deficiency. So I take the injections nightly as well.

It is possible that the lesion was there before but was missed - one of mine hid for 12 years. It can fall between the slices, or if the MRI is not dynamic, then it may not show up as well.

Odds are, unless the tumor is large, they may just monitor for this type of tumor as it is causing only a low hormone (whereas mine were causing high hormones). He will also need eye checks.

I can put you in touch with an organization where there are bunches of children with the same issue, and  you can even meet some of them in person. Hang in there.