Viagra and women with MS
Please try Viagra if you are a woman who has MS.  The study for efficacy of Viagra in women which is currently in progress is a study for sexual enhancement for women.  So it has nothing to do with MS.  Viagra increases blood flow and it helps a lot.  It will drop your blood pressure and you don't want it to drop to a dangerous level, so you need to monitor it.  Start with the minimum effective dose which is 25mg and see if it does something for you.  If you wait for a study from the FDA on Viagra for MS, then it will probably happen after you are dead.  Please try this now.  Viagra has a very good safety profile for a number of years now.  Generic Viagra is also good.  Just be careful.  I am a woman and I am trying it at 25mg and it has a very positive effect.  When I go higher, I get headaches probably due to altering the blood flow too quickly.  Good Luck!

This discussion is related to Women with MS on Viagra.
Hi there!

Though Viagra has no specific side effects pertaining to MS, it is only advised to use the medication if advised by a medical doctor and only under the prescribed doses. Unnecessary self-medication is more harmful than useful in most cases and is best avoided.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Your answer is very standard.  There are a lot of diseases where no research is being done in the USA like progressive MS.  RRMS is the preferred drug target and so all drugs marketed are for that favor of MS.  These RRMS drugs have no effect on the progressive form of the disease.  Taking Viagra is worth a try if taken with caution.  Many people already self medicate by taking vitamins and/or supplements.  You also need to be careful taking vitamins.  As long as you are careful, then trying Viagra which has a very good safely record is worth a try.  It will probably take about 15 years before the FDA could investigate Viagra relationship to MS.  I hope that people with MS do not listen to a your very standard answer and try a very hopeful new approach for treating a extremely bad disease.