Vibrating Sensations
I have been experiencing a 3-5 second vibrating sensation in my upper thigh for several weeks.  It started out once or twice a day and now it is almost once or twice an hour.  It is painless, but feels like I have an internal vibrator on the inside of my body that automatically turns on and off.  Can you explain this phenomon and what treatment modalities could I personally do to stop it or minimize its effects.

I use to wear my cell phone on my belt, not all the time, but most of the time, but I have discontinued that habit for several months now.  I hope you will have an answer to this puzzling event.
Last night I woke and thought the bed was vibrating.  My husband has a cpac machine and that was my first thought, But after getting out of bed it did not go away.  I have had it off and on all day.  I am sitting with my feet up now and it is vibrating like cracy in my left ankle, heel and lower leg .I take magnesium everyday.  So I doubt magnesium would help me.  I am going to try the tums .  If that helps me I will post here.  I also have the plantar fasiata In both heels.  I wonder if that is maybe the problem also... I also have had siatica problems for the past 30 yrs.  I live with that. It comes and goes. I know this vibration is very annoying... It is good to see others have experienced this and it is not just me but would not take pleasure in knowing anyone has this either... I hope someone can tell us what is going on.  
I have had this kind of vibration symptom on and off for years.  It is mostly stress related and happens more with a cumulative lack of restorative sleep.  Exercise, eating well, getting a good sleep will help, but it is mostly because all these things reduce stress and help the body recover.

If you want to find a whole community of people with similar symptoms, go to the aboutbfs.com website and/or look up benign fasciculation syndrome.

I have been reading posts exactly like this or similar (e.g. vibrating in testicles, scrotum, anus) being always actually the groin in all kind of forums, from yahoo answers to most serious medical forums. The explanation of the feeling is always the same and most of the posts says the "vibration" ended at 1 or 2 weeks, 1 or 2 months, and such. The interesting fact is that most of the time all the people who post are one-time-posters and didn't took the time to keep all the others informed about their situation. I had the same vibration for almost a week and now (today) it almost ceased completely. The last days actually I didn't feel it while seating but when moving in pelvic motion (like dancing) or walking and then it stopped like most of the other people and now it don't feel much at all.
I had been very anxious the days before it started but to my knowledge not stressed at all.
The natural thing if you keep reading some posts is to think the worst and so think of MS but, I don't know, could it be that all the people from all ages and gender that in all those forums have posted about these same "vibration sensation" are developing MS? Could it have other causes??
FOLLOW UP: Well I am not worried anymore. I have been feeling the same vibrations in the groin area, just behind testicles and part of the anus, sometimes on my legs, etc. and also noticed that when moving the vibrations cease also when I took a hot shower in the affected area I didn't felt for about 5-10 minutes any "vibrations". Just as most of the people that post here. No other symptons. As could be the case with most of you I read on the internet about that "symptons" I only imagined the worst results like ALS or something like MS. Anyway, I kept reading and one person talked about muscles and it made perfect sense because as I didn't notice before we actually have a lot of muscles in the pelvic area and when anxiety or stress comes (mostly anxiety or what your brain thinks is anxiety) the muscles react. There is a lot of material if you google: MUSCLE TWITCHING o TWITCHING IN GROIN ARE o LEGS or other places, when people describe the "twitching" is the same description when people talk about the infamous "vibrations" or "buzzing". They just used another word. As english is not my native languague I never heard before this word "twitching" but it comes to my relief to have read about this twitching and how it can play tricks on you and why is just anxiety related. The Neuro doctors all said that this buzzing is benign and don't know exactly what produces but in my case I am almost certain it was anxiety because the weekend prior to my first buzzing day I were very anxious about a HAPPY thing! but anxious nevertheless.
Just take a look at this small article and follow on if you want to other articles. It seems that this vibration/buzzing/twitching feeling is very common and they call it BFS. http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70 or take a look at this: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Benign-fasciculation-syndrome/show/296861
Copy paste: http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70
I totally relate to what you and the others have posted.  I have sciatica and Fibromyalgia and also occasionally experience buzzing, vibrations, electrical shock-like events, etc, in my lower half.   However, the most significant vibrations so far were extremely rapid and lasted several hours throughout my entire body.  I held up my hands and they were NOT visually shaking, but I felt like a freight train was was running through every part of my being.  I was in a restaurant with my cousin and thought an earthquake had begun, and then thought that my bench was built over the air conditioning system because it began when I sat in the booth!  I went to my chiropractor, who made adjustments, and I haven't experienced it to that degree since.  (The phone in the pocket trick still occurs, though.)  I have chronic neck, back, lumbar and sacro issues.  It may also be important to note that I was diagnosed with breast cancer after that and during the subsequent surgery over a year ago, a heart specialist was called in to regulate my pulse using the paddles.  Diagnosis:  Atrial Fibrillation.  So, my heart occasionally races.  I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it's also possible.  Good luck!  Please let us know what you find out.
I have type one diabetes... that once was uncontrolled.

I was suffering from the same somewhat 'stronger' sensation, it used to wake me up in the middle of the night sometimes or made me stop from walking, over 1.5 yrs ago then it turned to beyond imaginable painful cramps (where to the point all my muscles we bulging up, it seems like excorssisms... very strange and scary).  These vibration sensation started on my groin area, then throughout the years it spread out everywhere.. then twinges joined in ... (feet, legs, calves, arms, face, side ribs, lower back) ... ... then cramps... then hot flashes (burning sensation on my legs / feet)___  all these were happening 24/7 EVERYDAY (for 6 months)

Thats when I REALLY paid attention to it... I did all types of blood works,
visited Nutritionist, Dietatician, joined the gym, and was at my docs ofc once a wk :'(

The result was: peripheral neuropathy restless legs syndrome.

{(((( My GP thinks that I may have damaged my nerves from everything that was happening to me )))} and that it takes about 2-3 yrs for some slightly damaged nerves to get better..5-20 years for more damaged nerves to healed.   However, he doesn't know how much damage I have...  
My case isn't that serious for immediate MRI (apparantly).

To make my story short...  Now I am slowly recuperating from all the sensations and pains, I managed to lower my A1C a lil bit at a time (and still working on it), cont' seeing all the people I mentioned above + I am still on top my diet and I see my gp now once a month.  

Mind you.. I still get a slight vibrations and twinges every day but not as pronounced as it was and no more painful cramps.

I hope this help some of you ^_^
sorry I meant to say type II diabetes
I have had back problems since afganistan, I was lifting a lot of weight, carrying a lot of weight.  That is when the pain started, in my lower back right above my hips, after i returned from the deployment i had an xray and an mri done, the results were that i had a posterior disk buldge with facett joint narrowing at the time.  A few weeks ago i was on military training when i started walking in a field, all of the sudden i couldn't move my right leg, when i attempted to move it i would feel this strong feeling of being electrocuted in my groin area right above my thigh.  I spent 3 days in bed before i could walk upright again.  Since then i noticed that the insides of my feet are completely numb, I mean no feeling at all, it goes from the inside of my feet to about mid-big toe.  this is accompanied by pain that radiates down both legs, the outsides of my calves, the front of my thigh.  I have muscle weakness in my right leg.  although the pain is not constant the numbness is.  I also noticed when i step with my right leg, if i incorporate my ancle in the motion it sends a vibrating like sensation in my thigh, it feels like my cell phone is going off.  I have spoken to a back surgeon who feels that i may have herniated the disc located at l5 s1 or i have a condition when the L5 vertabrial body is actually moving which would explain why it isn't seen on the mri or x ray.  I am still being checked out to see which one it is, if it happens to be the disc the surgery is minimul however if the vertebri is moving that is a major surgery.  I have found no medicine that solves the problem to date.
I have read a lot of the posts and I am just as confused as I was when I started. My symptoms are a vibration in my left foot in the heel area. I first felt in in the bathroom with my feet flat on a cold tile floor. I thought it was something down stairs in the basement until I felt it lying in the bed. Then I felt it at work. It doesn't hurt but it feels like a cell phone on vibrate or short electrical pluses. I just want to catch any potential problems I may have down the road. I am a 55 year old male, diabetic (so they say), over weight, in fairly good health. No pains, aches or complaints. I will consult my primary but will take any advice I can get until my next visit.
I will definitely try the tums.  Thanks for the information.  I have been having vibrations on my lower left back. No pain but its annoying.  I hope its nothing worst than that!
Hi all,
Well, sorry you all have the same problem as me but glad I'm not alone.
My buzzing started last summer in my leg. About the 3rd time I had it badly, it was accompanied with a tingling in my groin, frequent need to pee and lack of sensation there. I'd had tingling for a couple of years previously in my saddle area and the neuro didn't look into it.
I've had many odd feelings over the past years...tingles, reduced sensations, feeling of water running over my skin, chills etc. Nobody has given me an answer so far. Back x rays showed no abnormality however, 8 months after a lumbar mri, i was told I have tarlov cysts in my sacral canal, one almost the size of a plum. They arent thought of to be symptomatic but recent years have proved otherwise. It is thought each time i bend, i compress the nerves to my saddle area and that they sometimes compress the nerves causing sciatica type symtoms.
I see a neurosurgeon in London on Wedsnesday so hopefully he can give me answers.
The thing that makes me wonder if the cysts cause all the buzzing, is today I have the mobile phone vibrations in my right breast and under my arm. I never carry my mobile in any pockets. When it started earlier, I had my bag on my shoulder and thought i'd accidently switched it to vibrate and was getting a text! It is still happening now though. I also have it today in my foot and bottom. It can be quite scary. I've also had it in my abdomen.
I've had a lumbar mri and a brain mri. The brain was apparently normal.
I'm baffled by it. Drs think I'm nuts.
I need to mention I have hypoparathyroidism. This makes my vit d and calcium low which can cause paraesthesias but they are usually in the face, hands and feet. Twitching can occur anywhere. I am on meds for it from the endocrinologist and had a blood test last week which should show me if my levels are low again, which could in turn cause some of my recent symtpoms (facial).
I also get pins and needles a lot in my left shoulder blade. Several visits to the osteopath then a chiro haven't helped. I've had almost numbness in the outside of both feet, weakness in my arms and hands and many other issues.
I have heard before about people being told to take Tums to increase calcium. It's a good iea to try supplementing to see if it helps. Bear in mind though, there are a lot of conitions which can cause neuro symptoms and you must be checked out.
Best wishes
Emma
I started out with a twitch right in my thigh under my mobile phone which i keep in my pocket all day. At first I thought it was a blood vessel but the twitch kept happening causing me to check my phone. Well, after a week the twitching has spread all over. My arms have a twitch and tremor as does my face and eyes - it's driving me nuts.

Is there a possibility that this started with the cell phone and has spread? Has anyone got any advice yet?
I had a fell a few years back and now i've noticed that my right leg is now swollen bigger then the left. At times I can feel its swollen because it hurts and now i can see that it is bigger. I fell on the ground and hit my hip very hard. On some days like rainy days the hip aches. Just a few weeks ago i started experiencing a vibration sensation in my right groin also.  I don't know if the two are related but now all of a sudden these things are starting to happen and i'm getting worried.  If anyone can relate or have any answer please contact or post something for me thanks a bunch.
funny we all start by i thought i was crazy lol well me 2 lord help us ut since we know we not alone i think it will help mentaly
I also have vibration in left pelvic area. I kept thinking it was my cell phone although it is in my back pocket. I thought I was just being weird until it keeps happening more often. So, I googled it and it took me to this site. Now what? I hope it is nothing serious. No pain so kept putting it off.
I am a male 78 years old and have had a lower back pain problem for over 20 years with no vibration problems. I recently moved back to Calif. from Mexico and am living in a Motor Home which has an  armed swivel chair which I almo daily use to read in. While I read, I have my left elbow pressed against the inside of the chairs arm. I sometimes do this for 2 or more hours. Recently when I stop and lift my left arm, there is terrific pain in the elbow joint and the pain goes away after a very short time. I just recently started having vibration feelings in my left arm between the elbow and the forearm on the underneath side. I'm almost positive it has to do with the pressure I've been putting on the elbow. I'll ask Prim Care Dr. and reply to all.
hello!
I have the same feelings! internal vibration throughout my body 24/7.
mine are random, I get very anxious. If I keep thinking about these vibrations disappear!
Your how are you on this? did you overcome them? appreciate an answer!
thank you very much!
hello!
mine are random, I get very anxious. If not I think of these vibrations disappear!
Your how are you now? have overcome these vibrations? appreciate an answer!
thank you very much!
hello!
thank you very much!
hello!
thank you very much!
your message here on medhelp.org while searching out the same problem you had  i went to my doc yesterday 5/2/13 because of my back pain and the vibrating sensation in my upper left side which starts every time i move lasting 5 to 10 sec. . . .and sometimes a stabbing pain well the  doc doc told me i have spondylonthesis   with a my lumbar  L4-L5 out of alignment  and recommended fusion surgery right away. i have had back problems all my life with sciatica several years ago (it stopped with exercise program ) and so have always been careful but now at 67 i think i twisted my spine a bit to much causing these latest symptoms. so. . in someway i would say we all have some kind of nerve pinching going on  
back surgery. . well. .  anybody here had that done ? You can reach me here or at  ***@**** . ... thanks for your help
                                                                                                                                    jerry  
I too have experience this issue.  I went to the doctor, they did blood test and such.. all came back normal.  So I thought it must be a nerve issue and I started to stretch every morning and night, this was 2 weeks ago, on the second day the buzzing stopped completely.  Still today I continue to stretch the spine, lay on my back and stretch all different positions and so far, no more buzzing.  By increasing our strength in our spine can only help this issue, otherwise they want me to see a neurologist.  I am 48 years old and this just start last month.
If u all read what the one lady above said, she said her doc said that the calcium in tums is different then other calciums and its what is needed to stop the vibrations--2 tums 3 times per day! i am going to give it a try and let u know how soon my vibrating (as we all have the same) goes away!! thanks so much mohomm!!
please help me out. i have ben experiencing these weird vibrations in my left butt.. idk what this is.. please help me out !!!
I know exactly what you mean. I have had the same issues.
they started after I fell very hard from a flat bed truck. I fell backward,
but turned mid stream and landed on my side. I ripped my rotator cuff,
had a concussion, & lots of nerve damage on my arm. I would say the
cell phone on the hip sensation started 4 weeks after the fall. I came to this
site for a sanity savor, because I thought I was loosing my mind.

GOOD-LUCK  with those >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {} cell phone
                                                                                           ~ VIBES ~          
exactly u r right i have this problem too,,so when i read your suggestion i took startling tums,,i am 30+ so i am just taking 1 tablet of tums everyday,,and thanx a lot of God and thanx a lot to Mohomm Also to gave this rare suggestion,,now i dont have that vibration in my Leg,,i just felt it before one week and i just started taking tums and calcium rich things ,then i dont have this problem ,,exactly your Doctor is a wise doctor who gave you right and correct Prescription,,Thanx a lot Mohomm and your Doctor and Exactly God who gave me Relief after that..
With regards

Mohammad Khan
Yep, I'm a buzzer too! I had a melanoma removed from my lower left about 12 months ago which left me with a big "shark bite" on my calf! and in the last few months my left leg and foot have been intermittently "buzzing" - weird! I do lots of hot yoga so maybe am deficient in some minerals from all the sweating? Might give the tums a try and see if that helps!  - good to know that there are heaps of other buzzers out there and that it's probably nothing to do with the cancer......
I read here or another forum about taking calcium supplements for this problem (some suggested Tums).
I had a bottle of Coral Calcium with Vitamin D and Magnesium (latter helps to absorb the calcium) and it definitely is helping...vibrations are almost gone.
Here is the exact formulation (BTW it's Puritans Pride # 12986)
Calcium 1000 MG, Vit C 5mg., Vit D 400 I.U., Magnesium 56 mg.
This year I started having the vibration sensation in my left breast area;  feels like you have a cell phone or bee in your bra buzzing around.  I googled it and found others had the same sensations in different areas.  It comes and goes. This past week, I started to get it in my lower right quadrant/pelvic area.  I keep checking my pocket for my phone & no phone in my pocket.  Strange it is now on the other side and much lower.  I did have a serious knee/chin injury from a fall last April 2013 which is still swollen from 4" above the knee to 6-8" below the knee & pain with no diagnosis.  This new buzzing happens about every three- four minutes.  I had a bad fall the year (April 2012, April isn't a good month for me) before where I injured my left iliac crest, low hip & pelvic area.  8 specialists later they just keep telling me I have a little bursitis & keep wanting to inject the joint, but they ignore the pain in the iliac crest, buttocks & pelvic & pubic bone area.  16 months after that injury I finally found the North Penn Hernia Institute online & insisted I be checkd for a left Inguinal Hernia since I have all the referred pain symptoms..guess what I have a damn Inguinal Hernia that not one doctor could diagnose.  So here I am googling again but this time for buzzing that I haven't found any real answers except for the fact the the hernia can affect the lower bowels & maybe that is what it is, but it is on the wrong side.  Keep googling, one of us might just find the answer we all need!  I had a hysterectomy in 1989, so it isn't from any contraceptive device.
I am also experiencing this weird sensation and its driving me crazy it started in my upper right leg and today it started in my lower right abdomen. can someone please say what causes this its scaring me!!!
It might be a blood vessel trying to get threw because you're not stretching enough or you're probly over doing your running excersize calm down on the running cus I run evryday I have a. Twiching In my right leg too it. Or it might be that ur lifting curls on ur legs wich I do lol to much weight on it lol just rest evry other day I. Your excersize drink water no coffee lay off the coffee cus that might cause the problem cus of twitching and energy drink. So just rest and drink alot tea or idk. Well for me since I'm a evryday runner I run evreyone other day now but I still lift on my legs with curling and I hope this answers to ur questions lol ... Dam vibration
Sorrie bout spelling errors big thumbs on iPad lol
April Joy.....I am responding to your post since it is the most recent one with a situation similair to mine.  I have been experiencing a quick vibration near my pelvic bone for the past 3 days.  It lasts for several seconds, stops for 30 seconds or so then repeats.  I do have back issues, disc compression and degenerative arthritis.  I am 44 and otherwise healthy.  I plan to see my nurse practitioner and chiropractor early this week and try to figure out what is going on.  I will repost info as it comes to me.  Any luck with your troubles since your post?
I had a arm vibration thinking it was a cell phone, but after checking I found that it was my arm, I have failed to know the cause.

Is it normal?
Here's your answer:

It's either:

1. A vitamin deficiency -potassium;calcium or magnesium
2. A trapped or irritated nerve
3. Anxiety/stress
4. A response to medication
5. Your dehydrated
6. Benign muscle twitches
7. MS
8. ALS

Summary:

Point 1 you can try fixing yourself with some vitamin supplements
Point 2 you can visit a chiropractor, but you would probably have some associated pain
Point 4 consult your doctor
Point 5 Drink more water
Point 6 Relax, they'll go away
Point 7 and 8....highly highly unlikely (particularly point 8) so stop freaking out

Most likely cause: point 3.   Yes you might not feel anxious or stressed, but perhaps you did a few weeks back you did but let me tell you the physical changes anxiety and stress can cause in your body are immense and take a long time to go away.  So go see your doctor, if they tell you it's anxiety/stress, go home and rest, avoid stress for as long as it takes and you could be talking one to two years, stop researching Dr google, stop going round and round in circles seeing specialist after specialist and stop freaking yourself out, get on with life, occupy your mind and in time these sensations will diminish.
I have been having vibration and buzz feelings in my lower lumber area for many weeks.I had developed back pain 6 years ago which is due to slight disk prolapse in lower lumber. I do lot of exercise recommended by physio and get  relief and almost no pain once finished my work out. I do suffer from CML ( type of blood cancer ) and being treated with Gelvic/Imatnib.  
I am 33 years old, I tend to not worry about medical what-ifs. I'm the opposite of hypochondriac almost to the point of ignorance. I have read most of these comments from the past two three years. I have had the same thing happening for the past few months, The one thing is that I have not seen anyone say is I recently got my first and second massage ever. I am thinking perhaps they might have tweaked something in my back.in the past, I have had back injury as well as sciatica.  Today, noticeably worse. It's almost a constant Vibration. For me, it is in my outer thigh half way from my pelvis to my knee. I will start by having more calcium and vitamin d after reading all this. Could be stress as well as I live a very busy life.  I am going to keep on truckin. First I will try the easy stuff and move on up the line. It is such one of those things..... The massage could have been what caused this but after the two massages, I feel better holistically than I have felt in a very long time. I will be signing up for health care in the next couple days both to avoid mandate fine and to perhaps get to the bottom of this bazaar thing going on with my leg.    
I have been having these vibrating/buzzing sesations for more than 13 yeas. At first i only noticed it in bed and thought it was because i lived close to a large supermarket with a very powerful electricity generator but i moved to a new town 10 miles away and still got them. There was a period of time where they seemed to ease up, possibly for years but now they are back with a vengence. Just like others have said, sometime i think my phone is vibrating in my handbag though i rarely carry a phone. They happen all over my body, sometimes my entire body. I thought it might be vibrations from the raos but no. they happen when i am holidaying up a mountain far from any traffic. They are rythmic often lasting 3 seconds with a one second pause and yes they drive me mad. When i'm sleeping i feel as if the whole bed is shaking like mad and wonder how my husband can not notice. I had a one of seizure on the new year of 2001 and i've just realized that these symptoms along with other strange nerve symptoms started the following day. I never made that connection before. I have mentioned them too my doctor recenlty as i am also suffering from eelctric shock like symptoms and also a sensation of my feet being plunged into water. I googled these symptoms and they led me to MS but the doctor doesn't think i have it. My vitamin levels came back normal. I have had cancer but these symptoms preceeded it by about 6 years. I have had a very painful finger for 10 years but the doctor says there is nothing wrong with my finger and that that pain is coming form my neck. I didn't believe him but it's true that i have had a bd neck and a bad back for about 13 yeras too (since i met my husband) i also had a fall from a horse in the September, 4 months before the symptoms started. It feels sometime like my blood is bubbling and i'm worried about clots. I used to inject drugs. I'm also worried about Parkinsons as my nana had it and MS. Nobody seems interested in getting ot the bottom of it. A special told me we all habe aches and pains and to stop making a big deal of it! I can't remember the las time i slept well but it was probably about 14 yeras ago. It's hard to sleep when it feels like and electricity current is runnin through your body.
Have just come across this multi year post! I have this and it is one of the symptoms of my Lyme disease. Just adding this in case it helps anyone else. Lyme has over 300 symptoms and can mimic lots of other illnesses, so keep it in mind, especially if you live where it is most common, but it is the fasting growing vector borne illness now and in every state so no where is safe from it any longer.
I had this vibration feeling too. Just wanted to tell you guys how I dealt with it:

I tried tums, and while it did seem to help, the problem also came back, and then went away again, regardless of the tums.

I talked to my doctor, and he reassured me that it was just a temporary thing, and was perfectly normal to feel

However, if you have it for a prolonged period, or if you feel NUMBNESS or PAIN associated with it, see your doctor and let them know!
I have had this buzzing throughout my body for about two weeks now.  I also have pain in my heel.  I have hypothyroid and I first experienced a creepy crawly sensation in my legs when I first started levothroxin.  The dose was too high.  Once I reduced the dose, the sensation went away.  A few months ago I felt tired again so I ask that my medication be increased.  I thought it was fine but now I feel vibrations all over all the time.  Im going to reduce again and see if it helps.  I have heard that if you are on a synthetic thyroid med your blood test can read that you are within normal levels but that it might not feel normal for your body.  The blood tests the doctors use are very broad.  You need to listen to your body.  I also have a buldging disk in my neck which could also be the culprit.  I am working on both problems at the moment.  My blood test came back normal and MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.  Im also going to see a naturepath soon.  Ill let you all know what I learn.  I do take a natural melatonin at night to help with sleep.  It seems to calmdown the nervy vibrations so they dont wake me at night.  I forgot to mention that along with this new vibration syndrom I have also issues being able to sleep.  Feeling a bit wired.  This makes me think im over medicated.  Like my metabolism is in overdrive.  Stay tuned.  Oh, if you have foot pain with this, Ive found that soaking your feet in cold water helps.  Good Luck.
This is a form of nerve damages.  If it continue to happen it will down the line become painful.
Seek medical help!
Having these vibrations also that have gotten worse over the past few weeks.  I did suffer a major pedestrian/vehicle accident but the vibrations started months after that.  I get them in the thighs and lower back and they are very intense.  I do however only get them when i lower my head and look down.  Went to the E.R. two days ago and had an mri that apparently showed nothing related to what im feeling.  Dr also told me that the neck issue had no correlation to the sensations in my legs.  Im saying thats false because thats the only time i feel these problems.  Also have severe tightness in my neck at times.  Dr. claims he has no idea what it is.  I wish i could find out for the vibrations are intense enough to stop me from what im doing.
Hi there, I am having a similar issue that you describe. Suddenly I have began to feel spontaneous vibrations though my lower back and legs. I notice it happens more when I lower my head and look down. The vibrations are becoming more frequent, multiple times a day. Have you figured out what this is caused by? Have you figured out any self remedies? Thanks!
Just in case in helps anybody, my "internal vibrations" which started in my thighs and then were pretty much all over turned out to be due to Intercranial Hypertension, diagnosed following a routine eye test where my optical discs were swollen. They've now gone with treatment. I didn't have any of the typical symptoms of IHH  which are headache and loss of visual fields. All I'd noticed was a bit of dizziness and that my eyes took a while to refocus if I bent down to do something. If you've not had an eye test recently it's a fairly cheap way to rule out this one.  
Finally.  Someone who got a diagnosis on this site!  After pages and pages of 'I got this symptom and that symptom just like you' , you got an answer.  I will get tested for the optic nerve/disc issues as I need an eye exam anyway.  The vibrations on the front of my left thigh are in the L3 Dermatomal region and correspond to axial back pain that started at about the same time so I am assuming I have a strained Erector Spinae muscle that is inflamed and pressing on that nerve root.  If it doesn't go away in a week or so I might see the doc to diagnose it more.
Potasium seems to be the culprit for many including me. Beets have also helped people....have definitely helped me with energy.  I have been having this vibration issue for weeks now, read on another forum that people were responding to consuming potasium so I went right downstairs last night to eat some and the vibration went away.
I am also suffering from same vibration in my groin, ithink it may be vibration of my cell phone but its not. Kindly suggest me
Londi I too have same problem like what you're experiencing... I always put my cell phone in my pants pocket and I thought my cell phone vibrates but Its not... I always check on my cell phone every time my thigh vibrates....very funny.
Believe me or not I have the same symptoms any how glad to se more friends with same feeling.
Same here. Feels like my phone. I refuse to believe it is a phantom sensations as some forums suggested. I am sure it's nerve damage for me. So I will be getting my hands on Vitamins in the B family since it is good for repairing the sheath around the nerves. Aspirin is helping so Anti-inflammatories may help. I've also gotten back to taking my D3 with magnesium as well. Smoothies with high potassium (bananas) are good too. Trying to reduce alcohol and smoking the best I can. The latter can do much damage to the previously mentioned nerve sheath.