Neurology Community
Vibrating Sensations

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vibrating Sensations

I have been experiencing a 3-5 second vibrating sensation in my upper thigh for several weeks.  It started out once or twice a day and now it is almost once or twice an hour.  It is painless, but feels like I have an internal vibrator on the inside of my body that automatically turns on and off.  Can you explain this phenomon and what treatment modalities could I personally do to stop it or minimize its effects.

I use to wear my cell phone on my belt, not all the time, but most of the time, but I have discontinued that habit for several months now.  I hope you will have an answer to this puzzling event.
Hello.

The symptoms of vibrating sensation could suggest nerve pathology. If the area of vibration is localized and does not change, it suggests the sensory nerves supplying that area are getting affected by either compression or some other pathology.

Some people who wear tight belts do complain of similar vibrating sensation. Find out if you have a spine problem, such as a protruding intervertebral disc, with slight compression of the nerves.

Do you have diabetes?
Londi I too have same problem like what you're experiencing... I always put my cell phone in my pants pocket and I thought my cell phone vibrates but Its not... I always check on my cell phone every time my thigh vibrates....very funny.

and you know what even more funnier.... I too get 24/7 random twiches and inner tremor all over my body.

anyway good to know that there two of us in the world experiencing vibrates in the thigh area.

keep in touch.

Very interesting comments.  And yes I do have diabetes.  What is the worse that could happen...nerve degeneration; inability to walk?  Is it resolvable?

I will speak with my primary care provider today to get an appointment set up.  Thank you for the insight.
Danni ...
Thanks for the support.  I hope you are no longer wearing your phone on your hip, or that you turn it off...or take it off for a good portion of the day.  With all the infared beams we pass through all day long, I am certain that it has to have some effect.

The doc suspects neuropathy...lets see if we can stop the progression even if we cannot permanently resolve it.

Take care and keep in touch.
I have had this sensation for quite a while now, it starte in my left foot with a pulsy sort of movement, soon it moved to my upper leg with less pulse like motion, just internal vibrations . A year later both legs have the same feeling, I've tested my nerves did an mri,nothing showed abnormality , the thing is it used t come and go but every time it comes back  the sensation is stronger , where is this  going next ? anyone ???
I have the exact same vibration thing in my thigh that you were experiencing last year.  Has it resolved with you, got worse, been treated??  Thanks for your reply!  Tony
I have a vibration in my left groin area.  I immediately check my cell phone,  it is the exact feeling.   It happens about 10 time a day.
After thinking about it, I worried that it was a clogged artery, and blood having difficulty passing through.
I recently had a fall from a horse, and the pressed nerve might also be a possibility.
The vibration last a few seconds and then leaves for a few hours.
Any other ideas?
Diane
I have been having vibration type feeling (almost feel numb) in my on my jaw (one side ;right side) that radiates across to my chin.  Very strange, started happening a few months ago and would happen randomly. The last few days it has been happening a lot through out the day?  Episodes are not long lasting or painful just strange. What would cause this type of sensation isolated to just that area?  I do not feel anything like it anywhere else?
lana
Lori, I am experiencing the exact same sensation in my right groin area this  week, and I keep checking my cell phone like others have mentioned.  Mine pulses every couple of seconds for about one second, just like a phone.  Starting to drive me crazy!
I meant Londi, not Lori
I am new at this site so bare with me Please. I have the vibration problem. It is sometimes in my feet and sometimes in my groin area. It seems to have a rythem all its own. On, Off, On, Off.  It also does not hurt but makes me wonder if there is something more to worrie about. I work at a very physical job and really do not want to lose it. I need to ease my mind but have a hard time tell my doctor what is going on.
Look up sciatica
The comment "Look up sciatica" make me figure out why I am vibrating!!  A few years ago, I was vibrating and I recall that I had stepped off the curb and jarred my lower back.  Wouldn't you know, I injured my lower back before Christmas and I worked so much (not physical but sitting) that it hasn't gotten better.  The vibrating started a few nights ago, and is continuing as we speak  - intermitent but persistant - and the back ache is there too.  I took Tylenol today as I also woke with a headache but I think that was unrelated as we had a lot of rain lately so I am attributing that to the barometer!  Long story short is that I will make an appointment to get an adjustment on my lower back to see that ends the vibration!  I know my cell isnt on me :)
I too have the same thing happened to me. I had my cell phone in pocket and felt like it was vibrating and I was checking it thinking the phone was doing it. It wasn't the phone it was on the right side pocket high on my leg near the top inner thigh.  It has been happening to me over 24 hr intermittent and it driving me nuts as I never had this feeling before and don't know what it is.  I googled it and found this site and found others that had this feeling... but no one said what it is.  Any answers? Did anyone ask a Dr yet? Hard to describe to someone without getting you are nuts look.  I hope it is not serious and it goes away just as quick as it appeared.  I did noticed that after I take a breath then it vibrates after I exhale with a few seconds.  But still have no clue what it can be.  No pain only this weird vibration after every breath at the upper inner thigh.  
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I hope it does somebody some good. I had leg vibrations for the last several months. I mentioned it to my Dr at my last check-up three weeks ago. He advised me to take two Tums three times a day. Since I started that regimen I have had no more vibrations.
I began with a high dose and am now working down to the lowest possible dose to keep symptoms away.
I am a 55 year woman with no other health conditions except mild osteopenia, and I'm not taking any medication for that. The doctor says it's because of a low calcium level, that the synapses required to make the muscles contract do not have enough calcium so they contract too much. I have been taking calcium pills for years, but he says it's the type of calcium in the Tums that is what's required.
Loreen
I will try the tums. I to have a vibration in my right upper groin area that lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds. Its rhythmical too. I don't feel it all the time, just every few days. Its so weird. I hate to go to the doctor cause they'll probably say 'I can't find anything wrong with you", or they'll simply "guess" what it could be, then Ive wasted my $25 for something I already know. Im totally healthy otherwise. HOWEVER, a couple times a year I get an awful pain in my right leg from about my knee to my inner groin. The doctor said he was pretty sure it was my nerve (forgot the name of it). Maybe it is associated to that, but I have not had the pain in over a year. The MRI on my leg showed zilch. Maybe it is related to that????
Did you ever get an answer to the vibrations in your Thigh? I am experiencing the same thing...along with eye probs, rash (all on the right side)
I have the buzzing/vibrating in my left groin area. I always think its my Blackberry.  It lasts 5 seconds or so, multiple times a day. I have only noticed it since I threw the lower left side of my back out several times in a few months.  When I went to the doctor for my back, she thought it was a muscle spasm issue - it must all be related.  
I am not seeing what causes the buzzing every 3-5 seconds or what to do about it.  Mine started yesterday and has not stopped.

4Ret
It's only been a few months I too, have been experiencing the 'reach for your cell phone on vibrate in your pocket-but it's not there symptom'...just glad I'm not nuts and there are others out there. I also have experienced rt/side pain leg to head for several years w/o resolution...this vibration in on the lf/side...go figure...40 and health otherwise! I'll keep checking the site! A
Well, it's nice to know I'm not crazy!!  I have the same buzzing going on but mine is from my groin area down to my ankles on both legs.  The vibrating seems to be located more towards the back of my legs, starting from my hip joints on down.  I also get horrible flair ups of tailbone pain, with really dull aching legs and hips.  I used to be unable to sit still due to the feeling that I had to move my legs.  I recently started a 100% raw/vegan diet (hoping to remove inflammation) and noticed I am much more comfortable when I sit, although the vibrating is still going on. I work out regularly, lead a healthy lifestyle, I feel 22 (I'm 49) EXCEPT for the leg issues, I'm wondering if maybe I have some nerves compressed by my tailbone that is causing all this.  I did fall on it twice, really hard when I was a kid.  Does anyone else experiemce pain in the tailbone?? Or aching pain with their tremors and vibrations??
I too have the same thing happened to me. I kept my cell phone in in my right pocket and felt like it was vibrating.  I was thought it was my phone vibrating.t. I too experienced the vibration on my right side near  the top inner thigh.  It occurs about every minute and last for several seconds. I is driving me crazy and have no idea why it is occuring so often.  It is very comforting to know that I'm not halucating and that there are others experiencing the same problem.  
Ok I have thought that this was all in my head for the last several several months. This vibrating feeling I first noticed in my jugular area on both sides of my neck but never at the same time. I do have a job that requires being on my feet for 12 hour shifts. I have suffered for several years of back pain lower lumbar sacral area, having had PT, and such. Now I have noticed for the past several months that this "rhythmic vibrating" sensation now last all day either while standing sitting or lying down. Can someone please give me any ideas. I am tired of going to the DR and being looked at like I am crazy. Help! This is driving me crazy. I can't stand it anymore.

PP
Hi I am also having this viberating feeling in my legs and in my mid body. I have been doing this for months , went to a nerologist today . I have no reflexes in my legs or ankles at all. He is going to do a eeg and a emg to start and we will go from there. I only get relieve by sitting in a hot tub of water. It relieves the viberating. It is also driving me crazy.!!!! I am a diabetic also . I hope the test will lend some answers . Good luck to us all!!!
Starting last night i developed this same vibrating feeling in my right shoulder. Most of you seem to experience it in the lower extremities: legs, groin, and feet. When i discovered it wasn't from my ringing phone i thought maybe it was from the bass at the concert i was at last night...I am a diabetic and that seems to be a fairly common thread with some of these bloggers. That part makes me nervous. So yes, while it is DEFINITELY comforting to know I am not the only one alive experiencing such a strange, non-painful symptom...it is scary to think it could be diabetes-related...and to not know the exact source. Ohp...just happened again. GRRRR. Dr. Deshmukh, can you offer any further insights?? Thanks!
Hi, ive just stumbled across this forum whilst goggling my symptoms! Thank god ive found people with similar symptoms. Im 37 yrs old, and for the last 8/9 months ive had an awful vibrating sensation in my tailbone.It started off as a rhythmic and strong vibration, that was constant....all day, all night for months! Drove me completely insane. Then slowly over time I noticed that the vibrations got milder, and less frequent. Ive even had times where im aware that the vibrations have stopped for a short time, but they always reappear. I can only describe it as feeling like your mobile phone is in your back pocket and is buzzing. I also now suffer with muscular pain in my buttocks and legs. I have a physical job and am a single mum with two kids, so i lead a pretty active life. this is completely getting me down now and im not a negative or miserable person. Ive seen my Doctor many times, he seems to think i have anxiety and tried to give me anti-depressants.I nearly wanted to scream at him...im not depressed!!! So i paid to see a private neurologist...he has done a brain MRI scan which came back as normal. Ive recently had a spine MRI about 2 wks ago, and am now awaiting the results of this. I just wish they could find out what is causing this, as its making my life really hard. I want to be able to do so many things and it is stopping me. Anyway, thats just a brief outline of my situation. Id appreciate any comments from others in this position, and any advice too..thanks so much for taking the time to read my post! x
I to have been feeling the same vibration in my left leg.  Thinking it was my blkberry for sometime and later finding that it's my thigh.  Anyone got a fix or know what is causing this?  Is it the blkbry or what?  I have been using the blkbry for almost two years. always same left pocket.
I`ve been "buzzing" for a few months now.  Today it`s been all day long.  Felt it in my groin when I was standing up but now I`m lying down I can mainly feel it in my legs and feet.  
Now, I do live in San Francisco which is earthquake prone and the first few times it happened I just thought we were having a small tremor.  Then one evening while out to dinner I kept buzzing while sitting down.  I thought that was because the traffic going by outside.
Now I know it`s none of those things but dont know what it is.  I do have Fibromyalgia and low thyroid but I take meds for that and my numbers are OK.  I do have arthritis in my neck and bone spurs there so when I lie down the bone must touch nerves as it makes both arms go numb in certain positions.    Still doesnt explain the vibrating in the lower half of my body though.  Feels weird and getting fed up with it - feel like I`m trembling all the time but my hands are still when I hold them out - it`s all internal.
My husband has MS and I`d be horrified if this turns out to be MS too - tingling and strange sensations are a common symptom with MS.   Oh well, just adding my 2 cents!
Good luck everyone and hope we all find out what the hell it is~
OMG, I began having this pulsating vibration on the outside of my right foot yesterday and thought maybe I was imagining it but yet it never goes away. I really don't see any conclusions as to what it is but I'm going to try the Tums. It is just so weird.
I got this just the other day it is like a cell phone in my left foot.  No one seems to have answers.  This is so weird.  I thought it was an earthquake too.  weird....I think at least in my case it is stress related.  In the last few years, I have had plantar facitis my left foot.  numbness in both thighs if I stand too long, now that my mom in law is in the hospital with her problems and we are all going crazy, I'm stressed and my left foot is buzzing.

HELP?
I've been having vibrations for the last 2 months in the upper back side of my left thigh.  I have a back massager and thought it fell under my recliner and turned itself on somehow.  After checking a couple of times to find out it wasn't there, I realized it was just me.  I now feel it at work also.  It's only when I'm sitting down.  Could this be a nerve compression?  I have artheritis and bad back pains all of the time.  It's driving me crazy since I'm the only one who feels it.  It doesn't hurt, just annoying.  Could it be a mineral or vitamin deficiency?  If someone has heard anything to stop it, I'd sure like to know.
I am a 66 year-old psychologist in good health.  Four days ago a buzzing sensation developed in my left groin.  I too thought it was my cellphone.  After a bit the buzzing diminished, but it returned the next day.  I web-searched the problem and found this and 2-3 other strings --all with variations of the same posting.  I thought perhaps it was a blood clot near a valve that caused the symptom since it was pulsatile, but have been unable to find any references to that etiology.  The pattern of attentional focus on a disturbing symptom reminded me of tinnitus, which is often helped, paradoxically, by trying to increase the symptom, or by distraction techniques.  I used self-hypnosis with relaxation and direct suggestion and the symptom has completely stopped.  Could be coincidence, but it's been two days....  I'm thinking that there is an initial physiological cause that can get locked-in by attentional anxiety.
I too have had vibrations in the upper thigh and in my left foot... I use to keep my cell phone on vibrate too... and in my pocket that started the vibration in my upper thigh.. that was several years ago.. since I have stopped putting it in my pocket and that has stopped.. now off and on it's in my foot... not sure why that is...I am not a diabetic...  however, my C1 and C2 are slightly rotated from a car wreck about 8 years ago... but in the last 3-4 years I havent had any problems with it, other than migraines every 4-6 months... I play softball and am very active... this is a puzzling and annoying sensation... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has this problem... it feels like trimmers from an earthquake coming up through the ground into my foot... best way to describe it... thanks
I know that muscles have a memory... so if a vibrating cell phones can cause this problem... so can any other device... jack hammers, drills, sexual vibrating devices, motorcycles.. anything that vibrates... it could be just muscle memory of the vibration...but always check with your doctor...to make sure everything is in running condition... like diatetes, low vitamin B complex, Thyroid, working with vibrating devices, nerves, etc...
alot of possiblities...  
I have had a vibration in my lower abdomen all day. I think it is related to estrogen. I took the fertility drug clomid the last three months and that started off vibrations around the time of ovulation. I'm now one week post ovulation so find it strange that estrogen may be dominating my hormones. I have noticed the same vibration a couple of years ago. I also used to check my telephone. I work at an airport, so when the telephone showed no activity I assumed the plane I was on was vibrating.
I started feeling this cell phone like vibration a few months ago.It began in my right groin area intermittently and as with many of you, kept checking for the cell phone not in my pocket. Since then, the sensation has transfered to different parts of my body, inner upper thigh, hips, face, breast, rib area.The sensation has increased in frequency as often as many times an hour, but seems to stay in one area at a time. I probably am going to have to break down and visit a Dr on this. It does trouble me that this seems to be bothering so many and as of yet, I have not found any medical explanations, only personal testimonies. Oy.
Same thing just started happening to me! "Vibration" feeling, 1 second on, 1 second off, in left big toe. Similar mild vibrating sensation in left thumb and forefinger.

Has anybody learned anything? Is anybody getting worse?
Please let me know if anyone finds out what the "vibration" is. I am a 17 year old senior in high school and I have been feeling this for the past few days. In school I feel like I am going crazy because I am constantly checking to see if my phone is vibrating during class or if someones bag on the floor is vibrating. I have this problem only in my right foot. I asked my father about it and all he told me to do is to eat some bananas. I am supposedly getting my sports physical within the next week but I am shy to ask the doctor about this problem...
im not sure if this is the same but im constantly aware of electricity at the moment - over the last few days ive felt it everywhere and last night i thought my bed was vibrating but it wasnt as when i put my leg out of bed i still felt the vibrations........its really annoying me now.........
I too have been having this groin vibration. I was at the heart Dr yesterday and they said it's what they call a "Brewey" It could be restricted blood flow in the artery. But I also have a extruded L5 impinging the S1 nerve root for some 10 years now. I am going for tests on the artery in Sept and will let you know what they find
Hey!

I've read most of your posts and i can relate to most of them!

I am a 20 years old female, quite active, leading a normal social life, no history of neurological or psychological disorders. I do not take any form of medication and i have never in the past, and i am not on The Pill either.
I am somewhat stressed but i wouldn't say i suffer from anxiety .My diet is not exactly the best though.

About two years ago i notcied how my eye would twitch, it would be very settle and almost go by unnoticed. Later on i could feel painless muscle contractions on my face, cheek and eye area especially.Also, i started to notice the same painless muscle contractions/twitches/vibrations on my upper arms and also sometimes feet. They're not painful, sometimes tingiling but they do not numb me. For a while i thought it was a magnesium def. so i started taking magnesium, calcium and zinc supplements, those did not help.

Does anyone else also have those vibrations on the face? Does anyone have a clear diagnosis?

I found this forum just like most. I have a buzz in the top of my left thigh. like my phone on vibrate it happen about every thity to sixty seconds. it last less than five seconds and has only started today. intresting. sounds like no ones died from this yet? hu? LOL
It could be something very simple...

One possibility:

"Magnesium deficiency symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations."

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition
Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
(Online article)
Thankfully no one has died yet, ha ha!

But does anyone here feel that the vibrations move?

For instance, it started out with my eye twitching a tiiiny bit, and then recently, that has stopped all together, but instead my feet vibrate (or mostly my ankles).

This week I started experiencing similar symptoms in my lower right groin.
The vibration lasts for about 1 second then repeats at about a 3 second  rate.  It is continuous all day but more noticeable at night.  Interesting enough I used the words pulsating vibration in my inquiry to doctor this morning feeling rather weird to ask.  .  Waiting for an answer but after seeing this forum I don't feel so weird .  The vibrating cell phone analogy is right on.
What kind of cell phones does everyone carry?  I have a Palm Treo.  It only started after I had my Palm for about six months.  I'm not saying the phone is the root cause, but it sure feels like it.
   I have just yesterday started noticing this strange vibrating sensation as previously described. Very mild, as if a cell phone was vibrating on low, with no external indication in the muscle or skin. At first I thought it was my cell phone, but I had no dropped calls or messages, and I am not convinced that it is not some "phantom" feeling, because it is exactly centered where my cell phone is normally kept in my pocket. I will move my cell phone to another pocket, and see if any change is noted. Right now, it is regularly intermittent although it seems to decrease in frequency while I am sitting as opposed to standing (from which position I first noticed the sensation. I will see my PCP as soon as possible and report back to this community. Thanks, it's good to see that I am not alone!
I've been having the vibrating sensation for a few months. It's not painful, just a curiosity. I do not wear my cell phone at all (it stays in my purse) but the vibrating feeling reminds me EXACTLY of a cell phone (kind of like I swallowed one and it's working it's way through my system). My vibration is deep inside, lower abdomen, more to the left side. Just want to know what it is?
Thank goodness it isn't just me! I've also been thinking I am going crazy! My vibrating started on my left breast a month ago. I went to my doctor because I was terrified that it was a problem with my heart or an artery even though I wasn't having any pain, shortness of breath or other symptoms associated with heart issues.She attributed it to stress. A week later it was in my stomach in the area where my colon is. All evening yesterday and through the night it was on the outside of my right thigh close to where I also carry my cell phone daily (I am feeling it as I type...irritating). I'm SO glad I got up this morning and did a search. I have a doc appt. today and was terrified to even bring it up again. I think I will try the Tums as well as a trip to my chiro!
As I write, I am feeling this vibration sensation in my left foot.  The vibration roughly lasts 1 second with 2 seconds pause in-between.  It's been going on for the last 6 hours but seems to last for no more than 5-10 minutes then returns after a few minutes.  Total episodes last for no more than a day.  Episodes have occured before, sometimes weeks or months in-between.

Profile (not that any of this is relevant):  I'm a 40-year Black male, athletic build, healthy-balanced diet (though I'm horrible about drinking water and am usually dehydrated), normal BP, with semi-stressful corporate job as an IT manager.  I spend most of my day sitting in front of a computer, at work and at home.  I have a great family life, wife, 2 kids - zero stress.  I occasionally exercise, when I get time, not regularly.

Though, if I were to venture to guess, I would say that it some kind of muscular strain of muscles deep inside the muscle tissue probably near to the bone (not sure which bone).
2 weeks ago, I was having 3-5 sec vibrations in my leg once every couple minutes.  A day later it was multiple times per minute.  A day later it was happening once every three minutes.  My chiropractor did traction and adjustments on my low back.  L4 was out of whack.  He said I might have a disc issue and thought my MD would request an MRI.  I saw my MD two days later.  He didn't think it was a disc issue as I wasn't having any pain -- only the vibrations.  He first asked me if I was having any gas.  None more than usual.  Anyway he didn't prescribe an MRI -- just prednisone.  Yep...generic prednisone.  I JUST finished my last 10mg tablet today.  Been on it for 9 days.  No more vibrations.  My low back is doing better, too.  I'm 40 yrs old and will be resuming intense sports activity in a week.  I exercised for the first time yesterday in weeks and everything is okay.  I'll post something later if there are any changes, but at this time I don't know exactly what it was. All I can say is that the combination of chiropractic, rest, prednisone, and of course, prayers, seems to have made a difference.
Yesterday I started feeling a vibration in my right thigh and kept pulling my cellphone out of my pocket. "Weird" I thought when it wasnt ringing. Then it kept doing it every few minute for a few seconds. I woke up this morning and it started again. I was getting worried thinking, "oh great whats happening to my body now?" So I tried laying on the floor trying to stretch my lower back hoping this would do the trick and make it stop, but it did not. My Fiance' walked in and asked why I was laying on the floor and when I explained it to him he replied"oh my gosh, you have it too?"  He explained that it started with him a week before on the opposite leg! Now we both got a little anxious wondering if in fact its some sort of radiation thing from our cell phones. We have Sprint Androids by the way. So I am a bit relieved to know that we were not the only ones when I Googled the problem I found out alot more people out there are experiencing the same vibrations. Now, just to figure out what its caused from...
I am a 16 year old High School sophomore,  i don't have a cell phone but i just experienced this today, i think this is from when i got up quickly and stretched only one side of my back. i've been experiencing this all day today. Hopefully it's not life threating!  XO
that's uncanny!! i went to answer my phone today and it wasn't in my pocket!!! vibes all day, until i started typing this reply...weird!! maybe if all of us meet, we will sound like an orchestra!!!
I started feeling this vibrations 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night.  I went to my primary care physician and he thought the I might have a left ear infection and prescribed me antibiotics.  After 5 days with no change I went to a neurologist.  So far....Cat scan, MRI, Echo cardiogram,  so far things are normal.  She now wants me to go for an EEG.  Reading some where I noticed that the hypertension medication I take daily LISINOPRIL, can cause tremors.  I am going to stop taking this medication to see if there are any changes.  I will let you all know if this helped.
Well now i know im not going mad !!!!!!, My phone has been in and out of my pocket more times in the last few day, but no calls !!! , I have the vidratins in both legs , it feels like its in time with my blood pumping down my legs,  driving nuts,
Im 44 and fitish,
Glad to know I'm not crazy! I too feel like it is my blood pumping.
I am a 21 years old female. I too have been experiencing faint vibration in my right foot since few days ago and am feeling it now, for a gap of few minutes. Also, a periodic warm feeling on my left foot.

Should I be concern about that, or will it just fade away? >.<
Last two days (Sat & Sun) I had the vibration in the lower right groin area start. Executed the whole false cell vibration response. It was intermittent.  Barely noticed when I went to sleep last night. Physical activity this weekend was just in the yard and in house rearranging bookcases. I use a back brace for work in yard.

However this AM when I woke up it is a constant - on one second off the next second. There is no break. Been going on for four hours.

I have two vertebrae fused from 1976 back injury. Have insulted my back numerous times in the 70's carrying over sized and weight items. Broke right tibia at the knee joint about 12 years ago. Earned two metal screws for my trouble.  Have small amount of bone death in right femur in the hip joint. Have osteopina. Have chronic back annoyances that I use chiropractic and cranial sacral therapy to manage very nicely.

I take calcium daily.  (Will try the TUMMs trick)

Am not seeing anything much here on a certain remedy.
I have been feeling the same way for the past 4 days. My vibrations are in the heel of my right foot.  I am not diabetic, but will be having an MRI on the 19th of may to check for MS.  The vibrations dont hurt...they are just bothersome because of their constant nature.  I also feel that because we are all focusing on them so much, they are staying.  Let's try distracting ourselves!
I have been having vibrations in my left breast all morning on and off on and off.  I have also had the vibration in my right foot, and in my leg.  I do not wear my cell phone, it stays in my purse.  I also have been having a twitch right below my sternum.  Every so often it just gives one strong twitch and you can actually see it.  Almost like a baby is kicking you while pregnant (I am NOT pregnant).  I have Fibromyalgia and I wonder if this is part of it??
I have a vibration in my upper left thigh, have had it for about 3 weeks now.  I was getting a little nervous thinking about MS and trying to put my mind at ease.  I finally searched it and came upon this message board.  I am amazed by how many people have the same thing and describe it exactly the same way, like a cell phone vibrating.  I do have a herniated disc, so maybe.  Regardless, since reading this, I am much more relaxed about asking my Dr. so thank you!!!
I too have the mystical cell phone in my pocket.  My vibration is in the groin area and i cant discern right or left.  It has been off and on for about 2 weeks now.  I did have a small accident on my dirt bike 2 weeks ago and have had no problems from that accident aside from one very large contusion to my upper left thigh from slamming into the bars.  I hope this goes away on its own.  I'm going nuts.
I had hurt my left leg just by walking.I could barely move it for a week. The pain eased up afer this but had not gone away. THer are certian bends of the leg that really hurt. This has been going on for a few months. 2 days ago, I had the vibration sensations as if my cell phone was ringing. I kept reachig for my phone until I finally realized it was my leg. I read the comment on tums and thought I'd have nothing to lose so I took the tums for one day and the sensation have gone away, for now anyway. I can't say for sure that it was the tums or not. I stil have the pain in the leg as I did before. I do use o a lot of splendor as there was some references to this also and wil try and cut back on this.I'm thinking I have some nerve damage but trying to get a Dr to evaluate it has not produced a correct diagnosis.
Hmm. Felt like a total hypochondriac googling this, but I've noticed it sporadically at times (both when I do and do not have my phone and/or other objects in my pocket). It happens on the outer left thigh, and several pair of the pants I wear at work have a cell phone pocket on this side. I didn't think anything of it until my phone took a dive into a toilet (long story) and I didn't have it for several days. The sensation has actually been happening with increased frequency (during an extraordinarily stressful time in my life), which I wouldn't really worry about normally, except that I'm hyper-paranoid since my mother has MS. She had one attack with very vague symptoms and then nothing for 18 years. After that it's been constant degeneration, of the same leg specifically and other symptoms as well, which are exacerbated by heat (Texas is good for that) and stress (my life is great at that). Am I being an internet-self-diagnosing hypochondriac? (PROBABLY, because I feel like one)
I have had the vibrating in my groin on and off for years, have been to the doctors for it but they have no idea what it is. Can't get to sleep it drives me nuts. looking for an answer. pgmad59
I have been experiencing body vibrations for a few years now. Starting in one foot, then the other, now at various places in my body. They come and go. I'm so used to them, I don't even pay attention anymore. The vibrations don't bother me really, I just don't know why it's happening.

I have no illness, take no medicines, I don't use a cell phone, or any other thing that vibrates lol.

I've been googling and reading all kinds of possible causes for this, and I'm surprised to see so many with the same symptoms. I suspect some are attributing this syndrome with cell phone vibrations, but mine are much milder than what I've seen of cell phones vibrating on a table.

Very strange... I will try the Tums Calcium thing that was mentioned
I have had vibrations in my right leg from thigh to foot. They pulse on and off every 10 seconds. It happened two years ago when I hurt my lower back. They finally went away. I hurt my lower back again last week. Doc says it's a pinched nerve. Tonight the vibrations came back. I think the prednisone person has the real cure. My doc wrote me a script for it also. It helps reduce inflamation (inflammation) in a pinched nerve. Unfortuanatly I have a bad stomach and do not want to start them as they can really mess up a stomach. Next choice is a cortisone injection in the lower back. Anyone else talk to a spine doc?
It is some comfort to know that others are having similar symptoms. It is like I am sitting on a cell phone that is vibrating. More to the back under the tail bone around the back of the anus.This has been going on for almost five days now. It is an almost constant rhythmic pattern (two seconds on and two seconds off). It is pretty much 24/7. It seems to change in intensity depending on what I am doing. Sitting here at my computer, it is pretty intense. Lying in bed it is is much more mild so that I can sleep. But I have been waking up during the night and am aware that it is continuing in a pulsing pattern. I am not as much aware of it when I walk but it is there nonetheless.  I am going to my primary but after reading these posts I am thinking of going to my accupuncturist or (gulp) a chiropracter :>). The only link I have found to a specific condition is that a few results from my Bing search also brought up MS but nothing definitive in that direction. I can only hope and pray. By the way I just got an Android Smart phone a week before this started.
I'm relieved to read that I'm not the only one experiencing this! I'm a 32 year old lady from Thailand. I guess, mine took off 4 days ago when I felt it on my lower left side near my tailbone. I first thought the vibrations was caused by the laxative I took. But, after an hour, I can still feel it and feels like I have a cellphone placed next to me constantly vibrating. It doesn't annoy me but I'm just worried I might have a parasite inside me, as what my boyfriend have suggested. But later I disregarded the idea and instead went to look in the internet. After reading the posts here, I felt calm I'm not alone and paranoid, so I just wanted to share and compare my story it with you all.

First time I felt it was on my left ankle that lasted about two seconds and this was more than a year ago. I think it occurred ten times or more as I never took it seriously last year. I thought it was just a natural phenomenon inside my body. But I also felt it once or twice on my upper back and on my right thigh. I did own a Blackberry since 2009 and always had it in silent mode every time next to me even while I'm sleeping. I stopped using it early this year, but just two weeks ago, I got back to using Blackberry again. I don't really remember if I had any vibrations before this recent episode. I just know that last month I had just started on a new stressful job requiring me to stand up and move around for long hours (6 days a week) that causes my legs and lower back to feel more tired, so I couldn't really detect if there were vibrations. I guess I'm just used to being stressed. I am also thinking now that my lack of vitamins might be triggering this. I have not taken B-complex for three weeks now. I had been on it with vitamins C and E at the start of this year since I thought I had a bad diet last year.  

Now, I can still feel the constant mild painless vibrations down near my tailbone even while I'm typing this message. My story seems the same with most stories posted here and I just hope that mine can also help others who are also in search for answers about these kinds of "vibrations." If it also helps know, I'm also thinking of undergoing MRI to make sure what is going on inside me because I have also considered myself as a "candidate" of MS since I have been experiencing symptoms (pain to my right ear, throat and jaw) for the last 4 weeks. I'm considering taking Tums and Prednisone just to see if it works on me.
Good luck to everyone!

I have the same sensation in my right groin area and my left breast.  I carry my cell phone in my left breast pocket on my shirt, but do not and have never carried it in my front pants pocket.  It's making me nuts!
I also have vibration in my feet. I thought it was somehow coming from my bed where my feet are, but then it happened on the bottom of my left foot while I was walking the other day. I also here vibration noises all the time and nobody else hears it. I've never worn a belt for my phone or anything like that. I do place my phone on my bed usually to charge it, but every time I hear or feel these vibrations and check my phone, it is never my phone. I think all this electricity we are using....(cell phones, computers.....) are having a major effect on our bodies.
Try Magnesium.
Some relief in anxiety,reading the same symptom of the vibrating cell phone sensation in the left from high side of the groin.
A bit less concerned but still both curious and somewhat wary lest it gets worse as a result of an unattended arterial blockage.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to suggestions for remedies.
I get this vibrating feeling in my upper left groin, probably 3-4 times a day,
it only lasts for 2-3 seconds, does not hurt at all, however it's annoying.
I'm 15 years old (16 in 2 weeks), used to carry my phone in pocket on way to/from school, but stopped end of last year, or put it in aeroplane mode.
These feelings I first noticed early April 2012.
Also I was reading the comments before, and what ended up happening to you? I'm starting to get worried :(
I'm a boy by the way if it makes any difference?
I have the exact same symptoms you have.  My tailbone is tender, my left groin is also tender but the main symptoms is the buzzing feeling that goes down to my ankles and wraps around to the back of my calves.  Some days are much more obvious than others. I can't say it's painful, it's more distracting than anything.   I fell on my tailbone two years ago but didn't have any affects from this at the time so I'm not sure if there is a connection or not.  

I read an article that said many women with pelvic organ prolapse have low back pain.  I'm 50 and beginning to wonder if this is the connection.  Many of the people responding to these comments are 40-50 yr old women.  I have a doctor appt tomorrow and will have a nerve test done.  
Just lost my text and start again. 53 years old.Insulin dependent Diabetic, not well controlled. Alcoholic, Smoker. I am one of those guys who does all the wrong things all the time. Severe peripheral Neuropathy. When I touch my hips, I can feel the sensation all the way down to my feet. Also muscular weakness, overweight.... Vibrations started in my legs few weeks back and slowly started to be 'pushed' higher up my body. Just since yesterday it has elevated to pulsate as far as my neck. Pain in the neck when you'r trying to go to sleep....
Thank God I'm not crazy. I am 49 years old and this vibrating and humming is annoying.
Gonna start Hyperbarric Oxygen Treatment tomorrow. Its supposed to be helpful with peripheral Neuropathy. 1 Session costs 20€ down here in West Cork and I know that some People swear by it. Needs several successive Sessions though till you can notice Effects I was told. Will see. . . .  
Please let me know what you find out....I am diabetic also.  I faintly remeber having these feelings years ago but they went away as fast as they started.  I also have problems with neuropothy feet only as far as I know.  I am limited to doctors visits and testing since I have no medical coverage.  To get it now on my own is almost impossible since I am diabetic.  Just had neck surgery the end of January and had to have extensive pre-opt testing and everything with heart,lungs etc. were fine.  I also experience anxiety and depression and this vibrating is adding to high anxiety.  Please let me know what you find out.
Did you ever find out what your vibrations were from ? What did your spinal MRI show?
I too have the same simptons and the same questions. Did you find out anything.
The sad thing is that people all over the Internet tell the exactly same symptoms but no one came with answers or follow up. I guess that is because the vibration just ceased? Or what? My worst fear is MS. Could it be that ALL the people who have posted the same symptoms could have MS without knowing? Will this vibration ever cease?
Hi, no I never had an answer about my vibrating symptoms & my MRI scan came back clear. It took about a yr before my vibrating stopped completely, although occasionally I feel it mildly, but it never lasts. A while afterwards I actually saw a different Doctor because I was in a lot of pelvic pain, and he examined me and said I had Inflammation & a pelvic dysfunction syndrome. Apparently its common in women after childbirth etc. He offered to put an injection in my pelvis to stop the constant pain, but I refused. Since then, I have been fine and in the last yr I have also started to exercise more & have lost 2& half - 3 stone in weight and now eat & live really healthy. My symptoms are now gone, whether it is related to extra weight and stress I will not know?? Sorry I cant be any more help.
Last night I woke and thought the bed was vibrating.  My husband has a cpac machine and that was my first thought, But after getting out of bed it did not go away.  I have had it off and on all day.  I am sitting with my feet up now and it is vibrating like cracy in my left ankle, heel and lower leg .I take magnesium everyday.  So I doubt magnesium would help me.  I am going to try the tums .  If that helps me I will post here.  I also have the plantar fasiata In both heels.  I wonder if that is maybe the problem also... I also have had siatica problems for the past 30 yrs.  I live with that. It comes and goes. I know this vibration is very annoying... It is good to see others have experienced this and it is not just me but would not take pleasure in knowing anyone has this either... I hope someone can tell us what is going on.  
I have had this kind of vibration symptom on and off for years.  It is mostly stress related and happens more with a cumulative lack of restorative sleep.  Exercise, eating well, getting a good sleep will help, but it is mostly because all these things reduce stress and help the body recover.

If you want to find a whole community of people with similar symptoms, go to the aboutbfs.com website and/or look up benign fasciculation syndrome.

I have been reading posts exactly like this or similar (e.g. vibrating in testicles, scrotum, anus) being always actually the groin in all kind of forums, from yahoo answers to most serious medical forums. The explanation of the feeling is always the same and most of the posts says the "vibration" ended at 1 or 2 weeks, 1 or 2 months, and such. The interesting fact is that most of the time all the people who post are one-time-posters and didn't took the time to keep all the others informed about their situation. I had the same vibration for almost a week and now (today) it almost ceased completely. The last days actually I didn't feel it while seating but when moving in pelvic motion (like dancing) or walking and then it stopped like most of the other people and now it don't feel much at all.
I had been very anxious the days before it started but to my knowledge not stressed at all.
The natural thing if you keep reading some posts is to think the worst and so think of MS but, I don't know, could it be that all the people from all ages and gender that in all those forums have posted about these same "vibration sensation" are developing MS? Could it have other causes??
FOLLOW UP: Well I am not worried anymore. I have been feeling the same vibrations in the groin area, just behind testicles and part of the anus, sometimes on my legs, etc. and also noticed that when moving the vibrations cease also when I took a hot shower in the affected area I didn't felt for about 5-10 minutes any "vibrations". Just as most of the people that post here. No other symptons. As could be the case with most of you I read on the internet about that "symptons" I only imagined the worst results like ALS or something like MS. Anyway, I kept reading and one person talked about muscles and it made perfect sense because as I didn't notice before we actually have a lot of muscles in the pelvic area and when anxiety or stress comes (mostly anxiety or what your brain thinks is anxiety) the muscles react. There is a lot of material if you google: MUSCLE TWITCHING o TWITCHING IN GROIN ARE o LEGS or other places, when people describe the "twitching" is the same description when people talk about the infamous "vibrations" or "buzzing". They just used another word. As english is not my native languague I never heard before this word "twitching" but it comes to my relief to have read about this twitching and how it can play tricks on you and why is just anxiety related. The Neuro doctors all said that this buzzing is benign and don't know exactly what produces but in my case I am almost certain it was anxiety because the weekend prior to my first buzzing day I were very anxious about a HAPPY thing! but anxious nevertheless.
Just take a look at this small article and follow on if you want to other articles. It seems that this vibration/buzzing/twitching feeling is very common and they call it BFS. http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70 or take a look at this: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Benign-fasciculation-syndrome/show/296861
Copy paste: http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70
I totally relate to what you and the others have posted.  I have sciatica and Fibromyalgia and also occasionally experience buzzing, vibrations, electrical shock-like events, etc, in my lower half.   However, the most significant vibrations so far were extremely rapid and lasted several hours throughout my entire body.  I held up my hands and they were NOT visually shaking, but I felt like a freight train was was running through every part of my being.  I was in a restaurant with my cousin and thought an earthquake had begun, and then thought that my bench was built over the air conditioning system because it began when I sat in the booth!  I went to my chiropractor, who made adjustments, and I haven't experienced it to that degree since.  (The phone in the pocket trick still occurs, though.)  I have chronic neck, back, lumbar and sacro issues.  It may also be important to note that I was diagnosed with breast cancer after that and during the subsequent surgery over a year ago, a heart specialist was called in to regulate my pulse using the paddles.  Diagnosis:  Atrial Fibrillation.  So, my heart occasionally races.  I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it's also possible.  Good luck!  Please let us know what you find out.
I have type one diabetes... that once was uncontrolled.

I was suffering from the same somewhat 'stronger' sensation, it used to wake me up in the middle of the night sometimes or made me stop from walking, over 1.5 yrs ago then it turned to beyond imaginable painful cramps (where to the point all my muscles we bulging up, it seems like excorssisms... very strange and scary).  These vibration sensation started on my groin area, then throughout the years it spread out everywhere.. then twinges joined in ... (feet, legs, calves, arms, face, side ribs, lower back) ... ... then cramps... then hot flashes (burning sensation on my legs / feet)___  all these were happening 24/7 EVERYDAY (for 6 months)

Thats when I REALLY paid attention to it... I did all types of blood works,
visited Nutritionist, Dietatician, joined the gym, and was at my docs ofc once a wk :'(

The result was: peripheral neuropathy restless legs syndrome.

{(((( My GP thinks that I may have damaged my nerves from everything that was happening to me )))} and that it takes about 2-3 yrs for some slightly damaged nerves to get better..5-20 years for more damaged nerves to healed.   However, he doesn't know how much damage I have...  
My case isn't that serious for immediate MRI (apparantly).

To make my story short...  Now I am slowly recuperating from all the sensations and pains, I managed to lower my A1C a lil bit at a time (and still working on it), cont' seeing all the people I mentioned above + I am still on top my diet and I see my gp now once a month.  

Mind you.. I still get a slight vibrations and twinges every day but not as pronounced as it was and no more painful cramps.

I hope this help some of you ^_^
sorry I meant to say type II diabetes
I have had back problems since afganistan, I was lifting a lot of weight, carrying a lot of weight.  That is when the pain started, in my lower back right above my hips, after i returned from the deployment i had an xray and an mri done, the results were that i had a posterior disk buldge with facett joint narrowing at the time.  A few weeks ago i was on military training when i started walking in a field, all of the sudden i couldn't move my right leg, when i attempted to move it i would feel this strong feeling of being electrocuted in my groin area right above my thigh.  I spent 3 days in bed before i could walk upright again.  Since then i noticed that the insides of my feet are completely numb, I mean no feeling at all, it goes from the inside of my feet to about mid-big toe.  this is accompanied by pain that radiates down both legs, the outsides of my calves, the front of my thigh.  I have muscle weakness in my right leg.  although the pain is not constant the numbness is.  I also noticed when i step with my right leg, if i incorporate my ancle in the motion it sends a vibrating like sensation in my thigh, it feels like my cell phone is going off.  I have spoken to a back surgeon who feels that i may have herniated the disc located at l5 s1 or i have a condition when the L5 vertabrial body is actually moving which would explain why it isn't seen on the mri or x ray.  I am still being checked out to see which one it is, if it happens to be the disc the surgery is minimul however if the vertebri is moving that is a major surgery.  I have found no medicine that solves the problem to date.
I have read a lot of the posts and I am just as confused as I was when I started. My symptoms are a vibration in my left foot in the heel area. I first felt in in the bathroom with my feet flat on a cold tile floor. I thought it was something down stairs in the basement until I felt it lying in the bed. Then I felt it at work. It doesn't hurt but it feels like a cell phone on vibrate or short electrical pluses. I just want to catch any potential problems I may have down the road. I am a 55 year old male, diabetic (so they say), over weight, in fairly good health. No pains, aches or complaints. I will consult my primary but will take any advice I can get until my next visit.
I will definitely try the tums.  Thanks for the information.  I have been having vibrations on my lower left back. No pain but its annoying.  I hope its nothing worst than that!
Hi all,
Well, sorry you all have the same problem as me but glad I'm not alone.
My buzzing started last summer in my leg. About the 3rd time I had it badly, it was accompanied with a tingling in my groin, frequent need to pee and lack of sensation there. I'd had tingling for a couple of years previously in my saddle area and the neuro didn't look into it.
I've had many odd feelings over the past years...tingles, reduced sensations, feeling of water running over my skin, chills etc. Nobody has given me an answer so far. Back x rays showed no abnormality however, 8 months after a lumbar mri, i was told I have tarlov cysts in my sacral canal, one almost the size of a plum. They arent thought of to be symptomatic but recent years have proved otherwise. It is thought each time i bend, i compress the nerves to my saddle area and that they sometimes compress the nerves causing sciatica type symtoms (symptoms).
I see a neurosurgeon in London on Wedsnesday so hopefully he can give me answers.
The thing that makes me wonder if the cysts cause all the buzzing, is today I have the mobile phone vibrations in my right breast and under my arm. I never carry my mobile in any pockets. When it started earlier, I had my bag on my shoulder and thought i'd accidently switched it to vibrate and was getting a text! It is still happening now though. I also have it today in my foot and bottom. It can be quite scary. I've also had it in my abdomen.
I've had a lumbar mri and a brain mri. The brain was apparently normal.
I'm baffled by it. Drs think I'm nuts.
I need to mention I have hypoparathyroidism. This makes my vit d and calcium low which can cause paraesthesias but they are usually in the face, hands and feet. Twitching can occur anywhere. I am on meds for it from the endocrinologist and had a blood test last week which should show me if my levels are low again, which could in turn cause some of my recent symtpoms (facial).
I also get pins and needles a lot in my left shoulder blade. Several visits to the osteopath then a chiro haven't helped. I've had almost numbness in the outside of both feet, weakness in my arms and hands and many other issues.
I have heard before about people being told to take Tums to increase calcium. It's a good iea to try supplementing to see if it helps. Bear in mind though, there are a lot of conitions which can cause neuro symptoms and you must be checked out.
Best wishes
Emma
I started out with a twitch right in my thigh under my mobile phone which i keep in my pocket all day. At first I thought it was a blood vessel but the twitch kept happening causing me to check my phone. Well, after a week the twitching has spread all over. My arms have a twitch and tremor as does my face and eyes - it's driving me nuts.

Is there a possibility that this started with the cell phone and has spread? Has anyone got any advice yet?
I had a fell a few years back and now i've noticed that my right leg is now swollen bigger then the left. At times I can feel its swollen because it hurts and now i can see that it is bigger. I fell on the ground and hit my hip very hard. On some days like rainy days the hip aches. Just a few weeks ago i started experiencing a vibration sensation in my right groin also.  I don't know if the two are related but now all of a sudden these things are starting to happen and i'm getting worried.  If anyone can relate or have any answer please contact or post something for me thanks a bunch.
funny we all start by i thought i was crazy lol well me 2 lord help us ut since we know we not alone i think it will help mentaly
I also have vibration in left pelvic area. I kept thinking it was my cell phone although it is in my back pocket. I thought I was just being weird until it keeps happening more often. So, I googled it and it took me to this site. Now what? I hope it is nothing serious. No pain so kept putting it off.
I am a male 78 years old and have had a lower back pain problem for over 20 years with no vibration problems. I recently moved back to Calif. from Mexico and am living in a Motor Home which has an  armed swivel chair which I almo daily use to read in. While I read, I have my left elbow pressed against the inside of the chairs arm. I sometimes do this for 2 or more hours. Recently when I stop and lift my left arm, there is terrific pain in the elbow joint and the pain goes away after a very short time. I just recently started having vibration feelings in my left arm between the elbow and the forearm on the underneath side. I'm almost positive it has to do with the pressure I've been putting on the elbow. I'll ask Prim Care Dr. and reply to all.
hello!
I have the same feelings! internal vibration throughout my body 24/7.
mine are random, I get very anxious. If I keep thinking about these vibrations disappear!
Your how are you on this? did you overcome them? appreciate an answer!
thank you very much!
hello!
mine are random, I get very anxious. If not I think of these vibrations disappear!
Your how are you now? have overcome these vibrations? appreciate an answer!
thank you very much!
hello!
thank you very much!
hello!
thank you very much!
your message here on medhelp.org while searching out the same problem you had  i went to my doc yesterday 5/2/13 because of my back pain and the vibrating sensation in my upper left side which starts every time i move lasting 5 to 10 sec. . . .and sometimes a stabbing pain well the  doc doc told me i have spondylonthesis   with a my lumbar  L4-L5 out of alignment  and recommended fusion surgery right away. i have had back problems all my life with sciatica several years ago (it stopped with exercise program ) and so have always been careful but now at 67 i think i twisted my spine a bit to much causing these latest symptoms. so. . in someway i would say we all have some kind of nerve pinching going on  
back surgery. . well. .  anybody here had that done ? You can reach me here or at  ***@**** . ... thanks for your help
                                                                                                                                    jerry  
I too have experience this issue.  I went to the doctor, they did blood test and such.. all came back normal.  So I thought it must be a nerve issue and I started to stretch every morning and night, this was 2 weeks ago, on the second day the buzzing stopped completely.  Still today I continue to stretch the spine, lay on my back and stretch all different positions and so far, no more buzzing.  By increasing our strength in our spine can only help this issue, otherwise they want me to see a neurologist.  I am 48 years old and this just start last month.
If u all read what the one lady above said, she said her doc said that the calcium in tums is different then other calciums and its what is needed to stop the vibrations--2 tums 3 times per day! i am going to give it a try and let u know how soon my vibrating (as we all have the same) goes away!! thanks so much mohomm!!
please help me out. i have ben experiencing these weird vibrations in my left butt.. idk what this is.. please help me out !!!
I know exactly what you mean. I have had the same issues.
they started after I fell very hard from a flat bed truck. I fell backward,
but turned mid stream and landed on my side. I ripped my rotator cuff,
had a concussion, & lots of nerve damage on my arm. I would say the
cell phone on the hip sensation started 4 weeks after the fall. I came to this
site for a sanity savor, because I thought I was loosing my mind.

GOOD-LUCK  with those >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> {} cell phone
                                                                                           ~ VIBES ~          
exactly u r right i have this problem too,,so when i read your suggestion i took startling tums,,i am 30+ so i am just taking 1 tablet of tums everyday,,and thanx a lot of God and thanx a lot to Mohomm Also to gave this rare suggestion,,now i dont have that vibration in my Leg,,i just felt it before one week and i just started taking tums and calcium rich things ,then i dont have this problem ,,exactly your Doctor is a wise doctor who gave you right and correct Prescription,,Thanx a lot Mohomm and your Doctor and Exactly God who gave me Relief after that..
With regards

Mohammad Khan
Yep, I'm a buzzer too! I had a melanoma removed from my lower left about 12 months ago which left me with a big "shark bite" on my calf! and in the last few months my left leg and foot have been intermittently "buzzing" - weird! I do lots of hot yoga so maybe am deficient in some minerals from all the sweating? Might give the tums a try and see if that helps!  - good to know that there are heaps of other buzzers out there and that it's probably nothing to do with the cancer......
I read here or another forum about taking calcium supplements for this problem (some suggested Tums).
I had a bottle of Coral Calcium with Vitamin D and Magnesium (latter helps to absorb the calcium) and it definitely is helping...vibrations are almost gone.
Here is the exact formulation (BTW it's Puritans Pride # 12986)
Calcium 1000 MG, Vit C 5mg., Vit D 400 I.U., Magnesium 56 mg.
This year I started having the vibration sensation in my left breast area;  feels like you have a cell phone or bee in your bra buzzing around.  I googled it and found others had the same sensations in different areas.  It comes and goes. This past week, I started to get it in my lower right quadrant/pelvic area.  I keep checking my pocket for my phone & no phone in my pocket.  Strange it is now on the other side and much lower.  I did have a serious knee/chin injury from a fall last April 2013 which is still swollen from 4" above the knee to 6-8" below the knee & pain with no diagnosis.  This new buzzing happens about every three- four minutes.  I had a bad fall the year (April 2012, April isn't a good month for me) before where I injured my left iliac crest, low hip & pelvic area.  8 specialists later they just keep telling me I have a little bursitis & keep wanting to inject the joint, but they ignore the pain in the iliac crest, buttocks & pelvic & pubic bone area.  16 months after that injury I finally found the North Penn Hernia Institute online & insisted I be checkd for a left Inguinal Hernia since I have all the referred pain symptoms..guess what I have a damn Inguinal Hernia that not one doctor could diagnose.  So here I am googling again but this time for buzzing that I haven't found any real answers except for the fact the the hernia can affect the lower bowels & maybe that is what it is, but it is on the wrong side.  Keep googling, one of us might just find the answer we all need!  I had a hysterectomy in 1989, so it isn't from any contraceptive device.
I am also experiencing this weird sensation and its driving me crazy it started in my upper right leg and today it started in my lower right abdomen. can someone please say what causes this its scaring me!!!
It might be a blood vessel trying to get threw because you're not stretching enough or you're probly over doing your running excersize calm down on the running cus I run evryday I have a. Twiching In my right leg too it. Or it might be that ur lifting curls on ur legs wich I do lol to much weight on it lol just rest evry other day I. Your excersize drink water no coffee lay off the coffee cus that might cause the problem cus of twitching and energy drink. So just rest and drink alot tea or idk. Well for me since I'm a evryday runner I run evreyone other day now but I still lift on my legs with curling and I hope this answers to ur questions lol ... Dam vibration
Sorrie bout spelling errors big thumbs on iPad lol
April Joy.....I am responding to your post since it is the most recent one with a situation similair to mine.  I have been experiencing a quick vibration near my pelvic bone for the past 3 days.  It lasts for several seconds, stops for 30 seconds or so then repeats.  I do have back issues, disc compression and degenerative arthritis.  I am 44 and otherwise healthy.  I plan to see my nurse practitioner and chiropractor early this week and try to figure out what is going on.  I will repost info as it comes to me.  Any luck with your troubles since your post?
I had a arm vibration thinking it was a cell phone, but after checking I found that it was my arm, I have failed to know the cause.

Is it normal?
Here's your answer:

It's either:

1. A vitamin deficiency -potassium;calcium or magnesium
2. A trapped or irritated nerve
3. Anxiety/stress
4. A response to medication
5. Your dehydrated
6. Benign muscle twitches
7. MS
8. ALS

Summary:

Point 1 you can try fixing yourself with some vitamin supplements
Point 2 you can visit a chiropractor, but you would probably have some associated pain
Point 4 consult your doctor
Point 5 Drink more water
Point 6 Relax, they'll go away
Point 7 and 8....highly highly unlikely (particularly point 8) so stop freaking out

Most likely cause: point 3.   Yes you might not feel anxious or stressed, but perhaps you did a few weeks back you did but let me tell you the physical changes anxiety and stress can cause in your body are immense and take a long time to go away.  So go see your doctor, if they tell you it's anxiety/stress, go home and rest, avoid stress for as long as it takes and you could be talking one to two years, stop researching Dr google, stop going round and round in circles seeing specialist after specialist and stop freaking yourself out, get on with life, occupy your mind and in time these sensations will diminish.
I have been having vibration and buzz feelings in my lower lumber area for many weeks.I had developed back pain 6 years ago which is due to slight disk prolapse in lower lumber. I do lot of exercise recommended by physio and get  relief and almost no pain once finished my work out. I do suffer from CML ( type of blood cancer ) and being treated with Gelvic/Imatnib.  
I am 33 years old, I tend to not worry about medical what-ifs. I'm the opposite of hypochondriac almost to the point of ignorance. I have read most of these comments from the past two three years. I have had the same thing happening for the past few months, The one thing is that I have not seen anyone say is I recently got my first and second massage ever. I am thinking perhaps they might have tweaked something in my back.in the past, I have had back injury as well as sciatica.  Today, noticeably worse. It's almost a constant Vibration. For me, it is in my outer thigh half way from my pelvis to my knee. I will start by having more calcium and vitamin d after reading all this. Could be stress as well as I live a very busy life.  I am going to keep on truckin. First I will try the easy stuff and move on up the line. It is such one of those things..... The massage could have been what caused this but after the two massages, I feel better holistically than I have felt in a very long time. I will be signing up for health care in the next couple days both to avoid mandate fine and to perhaps get to the bottom of this bazaar thing going on with my leg.    
I have been having these vibrating/buzzing sesations for more than 13 yeas. At first i only noticed it in bed and thought it was because i lived close to a large supermarket with a very powerful electricity generator but i moved to a new town 10 miles away and still got them. There was a period of time where they seemed to ease up, possibly for years but now they are back with a vengence. Just like others have said, sometime i think my phone is vibrating in my handbag though i rarely carry a phone. They happen all over my body, sometimes my entire body. I thought it might be vibrations from the raos but no. they happen when i am holidaying up a mountain far from any traffic. They are rythmic often lasting 3 seconds with a one second pause and yes they drive me mad. When i'm sleeping i feel as if the whole bed is shaking like mad and wonder how my husband can not notice. I had a one of seizure on the new year of 2001 and i've just realized that these symptoms along with other strange nerve symptoms started the following day. I never made that connection before. I have mentioned them too my doctor recenlty as i am also suffering from eelctric shock like symptoms and also a sensation of my feet being plunged into water. I googled these symptoms and they led me to MS but the doctor doesn't think i have it. My vitamin levels came back normal. I have had cancer but these symptoms preceeded it by about 6 years. I have had a very painful finger for 10 years but the doctor says there is nothing wrong with my finger and that that pain is coming form my neck. I didn't believe him but it's true that i have had a bd neck and a bad back for about 13 yeras too (since i met my husband) i also had a fall from a horse in the September, 4 months before the symptoms started. It feels sometime like my blood is bubbling and i'm worried about clots. I used to inject drugs. I'm also worried about Parkinsons as my nana had it and MS. Nobody seems interested in getting ot the bottom of it. A special told me we all habe aches and pains and to stop making a big deal of it! I can't remember the las time i slept well but it was probably about 14 yeras ago. It's hard to sleep when it feels like and electricity current is runnin through your body.