Neurology Community
Vibrating sensations in groin

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vibrating sensations in groin

I have a weird problem. I have been having a weird vibrating sensation in my groin and my back area. It feels like a cell phone vibrating  for example. This vibrating feeling I first noticed in my jugular area on both sides of my neck but never at the same time.  I do have a job that requires being on my feet for 12 hour shifts. I have suffered for several years of back pain lower lumbar sacral area, having had PT, and such. Now I have noticed for the past several months that this "rhythmic vibrating" sensation now last all day either while standing sitting or lying down. Can someone please give me any ideas. I am tired of going to the DR and being looked at like I am crazy. Help! This is driving me crazy. I can't stand it anymore.

PP
It sounds like these vibrating sensations are coming from your back.  I'm not an expert by any means, but I get a vibrating sensation in my feet and lower legs off and on.  If I am sitting and lean forward, touching my hands to the floor the vibrating stops - I've relieved the pressure on my nerves in my back (at least that's what my instinct is telling me).  And I also get the rhythmic vibration along the back of my head - I have to play around with my neck until I temporarily relieve the pressure.  And recently I've developed a cyst or lipoma on my lower back that causes a clicking sensation in my vertebrae when I walk.  I'm not sure if it's muscles or nerves causing the problem, but I'd get your back checked out either by CT scan or MRI.  Muscles and nerves are compromised if the back is not in alignment.  And problems in the lower back can lead to problems in the upper back.  I hope you can make an appt. to see another doctor and get a second opinion.  Hang in there.  You didn't mention your age.  I'm in my 40's and my hormones are dropping off.  When my period is near, my back seems to "crunch" down even more and feels a little better when my period is over.  Strange but true!  I'll look for your answer.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Your whole body vibration symptoms could be related to thyroid dysfunction, diabetes, Vitamin B complex deficiency, neurological disorder or if you are any vibration jobs (like drilling etc). Nerve studies and nerve test may be helpful to further evaluate the condition. I would recommend evaluating the possibilities here with the help of a doctor. Further referral to a neurologist or endocrinologist may be required to assess the condition. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!