Vibrations in my left leg
I am wondering why I feel a vibration in my left leg.  When it first started I thought it was my cell phone ringing but my phone was not in my pocket.  I feel the vibration all day long and it has a pattern to it.  It is a weired feeling and I can not figure out what causes this and why it will not go away.  Can you tell me why I feel this?
Whilst I've just started with the vibrations in my leg the burning etc you mentioned sounds like a condition I have called myalgia parastetica hope this helps
I noticed a spot on the front of my right leg, mid-thigh, that feels like it's vibrating or tingling yesterday. It happens every so often and when I move my leg enough or do others things, it'll go away for a bit but come back until it actually stops feeling that way for a while. Pressing on the spot pauses it for a moment, but it continues nearby unless I can press on the entire range. Is this a nerve thing??
I've had the same tingling sensation for about 3 weeks now. Like most of you, it's also in my left leg, mostly (if not entirely) below the knee. There's no pain and the tingling comes and goes; I don't seem to have it when I first get up in the morning, but can't quite pin down when it starts. I take Losartan 50mg for high BP (mostly white coat BP!) and occasionally take a multi-vitamin.

I don't have any Tums in the house but I do have a Potassium supplement and took one of those (it's only like 3% RDA) and 2 Cal-Mag-Zinc caplets (about 75% RDA on all 3). I have a BP check appt. in a couple of weeks and will ask the doc about this at that time.
I developed the vibration feeling in my left leg last week.
I recently had some cardiac issues and on several medications.
Change diet to low fat.  Stop drinking my usual 2 glasses of milk a day.
My Internist hadn't seen it before.

I tried the tums and was amazed that it worked.  The vibrations have almost completely gone away in 3 days.  I expect the calcium issue is the problem.

Thanks for the person who posted the solution.

Hi, I get this vibration feeling in my left knee and now it is in my left ankle on the inside of my ankle. It is the most bizarre feeling and I am so pleased I am not alone in this. I have health Anxiety about ALS so I keep thinking this is just another sign it may be something sinister going on. I do want to add though I have terrible left leg circulation and my toes always look slightly purple and swollen on my left foot, I get itchy foot on left side ( not tinea) and I have been treated for veins on the left side since having two children. I always notice the vibration starts after I exercise or later in the afternoon. My two theories on this are that by the afternoon I have some fluid accumulation in my left leg and also that the exercise is causing either my muscles, nerves or blood flow to work harder...not sure which it is. Anyway, it is a small relief to hear of others experiencing the same thing. My is almost like a pulse that lasts longer than my actual real pulse and it almost feels like it is steady and vibrates rhythmically for a couple of seconds at a time. So bizarre and so concerning. If anyone finds out, please let us all know what it is. :)
I posted this a couple of years ago, early in the thread, but here it is again for you:

About leg vibrations - I had the same symptoms a few years ago. I mentioned it to my Dr, an older gentleman, and he advised me to take two Tums, three times a day. The vibrations went away within one or two days. I have since weaned down to one Tum a day and am symptom free. He explained that if a certain type of calcium, which is contained in Tums, is deficient, the energy nerve impulses have to try too hard to make the jump across the synapse, hence the vibrations.

Mohomm
what did you find out about the vibrations as i have them on my leg
My vibration started today in my right leg from knee up through my thigh.  I too was surprised to see all the comments about this.  So I am going to try the Tums with Calcium!  Have noticed it in both arms above my elbows too at different times, but this is first time in leg.  Haven't had the arm ones in awhile.  So weird a condition!! I hope it is a simple thing, as it seems simple to fix.  I will mention it to my doctor in July.
hi thanks for the advise.  i have been having this for quite some time and kept taking my cell phone out of my pocket thinking it was that.  Today the vibrations are going ramped on my center of my leg going down to my heal.  i am going to try the tums starting tomorrow and will let you know it this works.  

thanks C
I have been eaten up by this same inner vibration/crawling stuff too. I have been feeling the inner body vibration for some years now and have gone to several blood test but to no avail. it used to happened to my leg, chest and arms sometimes but do happen to some other parts of my body parts too! Its really crazy sensation as it has deprive me of my happiness and have made me to feel that I'm gonna die sooner. The worst part of it is that non of the doctors that I've consulted so far have been able to tell me the cause of it. It's quite annoying
Is unnerving a pun? Good one.
unreal that so many have this.  i just started having restless (left) leg about a month ago and now the vibrations in the same leg but only when trying to fall asleep.  I'm 62 and 4' ll''.  not sure weight or height has anything to do with this, but going to try the tums thing and see if it goes away. glad i'm not alone.  i thot it was the cat purring on the bed by my leg but she wasn't there.  haha.
I had the vibration sensation near my left ankle.  It felt like a cell phone buzzing every two seconds.  It was constant and very distracting.  I was concerned that it would not go away, but it did - after four annoying days.  Here's how I kicked it:

Each day I took two one mile walks (the vibes were very strong afterwards); made sure I did not sit for more than one hour (and never on my wallet); kept a good diet, but paid special attention to vitamins B and calcium; and drank a lot of water and one 12-ounce Gatorade each day.  I also elevated my leg when I slept, but I am not sure that mattered.  Eventually, the vibration faded away.

I think it started because I am normally very active, but had a couple days of prolonged sitting in somewhat cramped conditions (and, worse, on my wallet) due to work and then lots of sleeping on the weekend due to fatigue and stress from work.  The sudden lack of activity, stress, mild dehydration, and sitting on my wallet were all it took to cause this.  

Good luck to you all, I really hope this helps.
I also experience the buzz in my left leg and sometimes my lstf arm above the elbow. I tend to associate it with some twitching of my right eye.  One article pointed to Anxiety as the cause. Another one mentioned a lack of some type of calcium. I would be happy to hear more views.
I am having this problem on the outside of my left thigh. It feels like a cell phone vibrating inside my leg. Goes off and on throughout the day every 5 seconds or so.

The vibration is fairly consistent with my heart-beat. I am pretty sure it is a blood circulation issue resulting from fatigue. Here is why:

It is over 100 degrees in Las Vegas right now. I golfed a lot on Sunday and Monday - 54 holes. That's a lot of golf for 100+ degree weather. The vibrations did not start until Monday afternoon when I finished my 2nd round of golf.

I probably pushed myself a bit too hard in the high heat causing mild dehydration and fatigue. Blood is probably a little thicker than usual and the vibration is caused by the blood getting crammed through the veins/arteries.

Treatment plan: Drink plenty of fluids (Water) and rest well. Eat good food. No exercise or strenuous activity. No alcohol. 400mg IBU Profen (Or 800mg IBU Profen if you are comfortable with it).

I'm starting to think that this is not a circulation issue. I believe it's a nerve related issue. I slept well last night, drank and ate good food. That should have resolved any dehydration/blood related issues.

Vibration is a bit more mild this morning, but still annoying.

I must have irritated a nerve in my lower back from too much golf.

Just have to wait it out now. Maybe a visit to the chiropractor for an adjustment.
vibrations left leg YES.. funny came to mind : "is that a vibrating phone
in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.. "

BFS.. YES..

Candida.. mabey..
alot of people are talking about caffeine (too much) and calcium (not enough).  I too have the weird vibration in my lower left leg, I was a afraid it was a blood clot, its not but when i mentioned this page to the doctor he wasnt totally dismissive but he did say that caffeine will absorb or draw out the calcium in your body so if you drink alot of coffee or pop you will be calcium deficiant. i started doing the calcium supplements and it really does seem to help.  just remember dont go over board best to try a low dose, and dont forget magnesium, zinc and vitamin d3 these 4 work best as a group.  after workouts always get your potassium in, hope this helps i know first hand how irritating the vibrations can be, i rarely ever have them now
Let's all try TUMS, but do it discreetly or the local pharmacies are going to stock up. I'm seriously going to start on Tums tomorrow.  Just like many of you, I also didn't expect to pick up anything on google, but I'm really surprised. I am 66, not a doctor but quite health savvy, but never heard of this ever before. I hope all of us only have something that Tums can't fix, and not anything serious.
hello, i have those blood flow, humming feeling in my legs for 3 years. strangely the feeling started in my genital 3 years ago at first. i went to a few urologists but none of them came up with an answer. then i let it go, after a few months, the feeling lost its intensity then gone.

then a year ago, i felt some muscle twitching and fasciculations all over my body and that blood flow/vibrating feeling on my both legs. since i'm a doctor, i have the access to very deep diagnosing through my doctor friends. lots and lots of tests has been made including, brain MR, EMG (to eliminate ALS), EEG, thorax CT (for neoplastic diagnosis), some other repetative EMG (for LEMS and Myasthenia gravis elimination), lots of blood tests for neoplastic markers and others, genetic tests etc. there was nothing in the end. not a single pathology, nothing. yeah, of course this is a good thing and i'm not complaining about it. all i had in the end as an answer was, i was too anxious and stressed (i am studying hard for my expertise on my field of endodontics) and the main reason behind all of my symptoms was stress... 6 months ago suddenly my symptoms started to go away. not a single twitching for a few months. then last 2 weeks it all started once again, twitchings and that buzzing feeling on my legs. i also feel some weakness on my legs but nothing serious. i know its a benign fasciculation syndrome with some peripheral neuropathy involved. but there is an autoimmune background behind it. we just can't understand how it works somehow.

so this is my story, i know some of you have the similar findings, but my advice is do not rely on internet, or the similar findings of people that you read on the net. just go to a neurologist and be sure that everything is fine. then you are free to surf on the net :) hope everyone to get well soon !
Thanks to you and all the people who posted their stories because I have been feeling this sensation for months. Waiting for an appointment with a neurologist about post surgery symptoms, however would not have thought about the vibration in my left leg could be associated. I advise others to check the side effects of antiacids which includes TUMS. I use to take TUMS regularly however I read recently that to many antiacids are not good for the digestive system. I agree with you, just don't google for research, ask your medical providers.
I found this thread in May 2014, like most who have posted here, the vibration in my leg muscle - which reminded me of my phone - is what sent me searching.  I tried the Tums and within 20 minutes the vibration stopped.  It was such an abrupt end and the relief made me realize just how long I had been feeling the sensation.

I re-read the label on my calcium supplement, and realized I had been only taking half the dosage.  I started to pay more attention and make sure I was taking the supplement twice per day.  I'm not a big dairy user, but I tried to eat some cheese and drink Almond Milk instead.  

Because the tums worked so well with quick relief, I only took a few if I noticed the vibrations return.  The tums supplementation only lasted a few weeks.  The entire process lasted a couple months, but since that time I have only used the calcium supplement and remind myself to drink and eat some calcium enriched foods.  I have been vibration free for several months now, which feels great.  
I had this vibration feeling too. Just wanted to tell you guys how I dealt with it:

I tried tums, and while it did seem to help, the problem also came back, and then went away again, regardless of the tums.

I talked to my doctor, and he reassured me that it was just a temporary thing, and was perfectly normal to feel

However, if you have it for a prolonged period, or if you feel NUMBNESS or PAIN associated with it, see your doctor and let them know!
That is fantastic! After reading the older posts, I skipped way down to something more recent. Good to see the calcium/Tums is working. This vibration goo in my left leg only started with me two or three days ago. And since my mother is in the hospital for plaque buildup in her legs, so I thought psychosomatic or perhaps related...relieved this is something simple and easily fixed. Weird, but simple.
I get these vibrating feelings in my hands and legs I have had brain surgery to remove a very large tumor it was benign thank god but 2 yrs later Now I feel like I have a phone in my pocket going off very strange feeling
Im 38 ive been feeling the vibration under my middle left foot, I dnt have any health probs, I did have a blood clot whgen I was eighteen, bt I recovered almost completely I dont know wat is causin this proble, its very irritating n im very worried about this, plz help
My sole reason for signing up for this site is to thank you (mohomm) for your post. A am athletic, in my 50's, and just started getting the infamous leg vibration about a week ago. Google pointed me to this thread along with the testaments to your Tums "prescription." On Monday I bought the Tums and by Wednesday afternoon (or maybe earlier ... who knows..) I didn't feel those phantom cell phone vibrations. I know my Dr. probably would have sent me to a neurologist, who would have taken a battery of tests, and maybe sent me somewhere else ...with some far-flung Rx medication. Just wanted to say: You really helped me out... and I can imagine some others that read but didn't post back. I had some trouble just trying to register for this site... but hung in there knowing that I really wanted to thank you. Yo, people out there ... listen up: This really worked!!!
Have been experiencing vibrations inside my left leg for the last few weeks. Thought I was going mad So pleased to see others suffer the same symptoms Will try calcium supplements and see if it makes a difference
I get these all the time.  They come and go.  
Hi, my name is Lydia. I have an 8 yr old son that is suffering from an undiagnosed chronic illness.  I read your blog and it sounds like alot of what my son is experiencing right now, you have gone through. Our local Dr believes we may be dealing with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, but we cant seem to get any definite answers. We have seen multiple Drs and nothing yet. He suffers from daily pain to his legs with stiffness, falling multiple times a day, among other strange symptoms. Sometimes he has "vibrating" in his legs. If I could speak to you it would be greatly appreciated. I would just like to see where you are at now with your health and how you got the correct care.
I started having strange vibration in my leg, yes I to thought it was the floor or coming from somewhere else, it travels around my lower leg also. Hope there is more answers for this.
Grateful to have found this forum : indications of calcium deficiency allowed me to indulge a recent inexplicable hunger for cheese* (source of calcium) and to see the vibrations diminish within an hour from one every two seconds to one every six seconds, by next morning every 20 secs. Kept up the cheese rations and the vibrations have now disappeared. * Indication : 150g of cheddar-type cheese to start off. Thereafter, a bit of cheese every day.
Just as everyone else, I was having a vibrating/pulsing sensation in my leg, I took Mohomm's advice and began taking tums and Vitamin D3. By the end of the evening I was back to normal. Thank you for the advice, I would have went insane if it didn't stop.
hemar
I have experienced the same vibration on my left leg behind my knee cap ,it feels like fuel pump sending fuel through my vein it stop and go again after five count its driving me crazy I could feel it through its like I could feel the blood traveling in a pump motion every five count can some one tell me what is going on recently my doctor changed my chelastrol medice to Lorstat could be that the problem or some lack of vitamin I do drink heavy coffe perhaps I should  cut down the coffee intake
Hi, same thing. My left thigh has been vibrating (yes, like getting a text) every 5 seconds or so for about 48 hours. I'm going to be 29 in octobre. I'm healthy and have been into sports my whole life. I didn't want to google this thing for obvious reasons. Didn't want to start panicking and read about some serious disease I might have but eventually I had to check. My mother used to have me drink about a pint of milk during every single meal, no matter what. I almost never drink it any more, except in my coffee. (And yes, I drink quite a lot of coffee). As soon as I read about the TUMS thing, I just chugged 3-4 glasses of milk.... The vibrations went away, just like that in honestly like 5 minutes (maybe even less!). I've felt it twice in about an hour since (as opposed to every 4 seconds for the past 48 hours). How amazing is that? And like every other person here knows, it wasn't in my head. The vibrations were real and went away. This calcium thing is for real!!!

I too just wanted to thank whoever wrote about the calcium. Amazed to see how many people seem (or seemed) to be dealing with this. Be sure to try calcium, I hope it works for you!!

Thanks!
As amazed as I was yesterday night when it went away... It's back this morning. I'm trying TUMS.... really hope it's gonna work.
Well... 20 minutes after taking TUMS... (I took 4... just wanted to really know if they would work. I am going to look in to a calcium supplement) it went away again. How weird. Even weirder that no one posted about an actual fact or specific explanation for this.

Still thankful for the calcium idea and like I said, I guess I have been neglecting it... Gonna see what happens in the next few days.

Just want to tell my story to help the next people who have no idea what the heck is going on in their leg... The comments really helped me.
According to my doctor, it takes a particular type of calcium (contained in Tums) to make nerves work properly to make muscles contract. If the muscles can't contract efficiently the nerves try harder, and those are the vibrations that you've been feeling.
I've been having the left leg vibration near the ankle about every 7 seconds for about a week sporadically. I've read all the posts to compare any similarities, and I've found:  I'm a 54 yr old male, in good shape, 5'/6" 165 lbs,  I exercise a lot (weight lifting, bicycle riding 22 miles daily, 2-4 times per week, walking and hiking 2-6 miles  per session), I get 4-6 hours of sleep on work nights and 6-8 hours on week ends, I have disk compression in my spine ( between disc 2,3, &4), I had a head injury 25 yrs ago,  I've always taken daily  calcium 600 +D3  for many years, but not much milk, so I don't know if the tums will affect me, I take a statin for cholesterol control, co q 10, grape seed extract, fish oil, goldenseal root,  I eat a lot of veggies    ( broccoli, corn, carrots ), I drink beer ( mostly IPA's), water, and tea's          ( mostly decaf ), but I don't drink coffee or soda, I don't have a lot of stress,    I also pray daily (God bless you all ).  Hope these comparisons can help us all.
Also, I was bitten by a tick while hiking in early July this year, but blood testing was negative and I sent the little critter out to b tested and that came back negative also. Now I may go for retesting after reading some of your posts.
What calcium supplement did you use? How many milligrams? Do you take amount of pills per day and at what times. I do not like the idea of taking tums.
BUT I HAVE THIS PROBLEM PARTICULARLY ON MY KNEE, I FEEL THIS VIBRATIONS WHEN EVER I MOVE IT
To answer the type of calcium to use instead of tums because long term use of tums could have other side effects. I had vibrations is left thigh. I found two doctors online that said to use calcium citrate with D3. I used 2 500mg pills right away. Then at meals I would take one pill. This I did for 2-3 days and the vibrations stopped. I would then cut this back to 3 pills a day and then 2 and so on. Maybe only take it on 3 days a week. I did get a little constipated but using less of pills constipation went away. Also no more vibrations.
Wow, I got this yesterday, cell phone in pocket was my first thought, then I thought something on the floor (was at the vet), lifted my foot up, still buzzing, sat down.  Mine is my left leg, hip to foot, but I woke this morn and my knee and ankle are buzzing.  I think some of the posts are different but a high number of posters have in just one leg, usually left, did wonder if the right leg buzzers were left handed?
I am currently anaemic, and have been vit d deficient, I have neck and back injuries and assumed it was a side effect or progression of this.
I am due more blood tests soon, I shall ask the doc to add calcium to the test.
At least I don't feel crazy anymore, I am sure my friends thought that last night.
I've been on Lysinopril since 2004 and have never had this before today, 01/12/2016.
This is a first for me
I am on Lysinopril as well. I wonder if this is why.All the reviews I read state this is a dangerous drug. I have been taking it for one year.Went from no meds to 4-5 meds a day.The long term side effects and patient care, leaves us with 15 minute appt.to be handed a script and bye,see you in 2 weeks,if we're lucky.
6 Weeks ago I felt the fluttering feeling in my left leg for the first time. 2 Weeks ago I came across this site, and was so relieved to find other people having the same feeling (and description 'like a cellphone on vibrate' going off.
1 week ago I followed the advice of a post on another forum.
Now, I have not felt the fluttering feeling in my leg for the last 4 days.
I did buy a High potency Vitamin B Complex, and took one pill every morning at breakfast.
It may have been some weird form of coincidence, but it worked for me.
The Vitamin B complex I used had 100mg each of B1,B2,B3,B5, and B6, 120mcg of B7, 300mcg B9, 50mcg B12 and 50 mg of PABA.
So, what have you got to loose (apart from 10-15 bucks for about 60 pills)????
If it does work for you, please post here.
Hi Hannah, I know it's a long time ago for you, but did you get anywhere with your tests re your leg vibrations? (yousaid you did " B12 - 82607, Folic Acid - 82746, TSH - 84443, Free T4 - 84439, Chem Profile 14 - 80053!  She also wrote "Sensory changes" for the reason for testing and for them to check my D2 levels and CPK level. ")
Your symptoms and lifestyle are so simiilar to mine(except for drumming)
SO glad I came across this page. I don't feel scared and alone anymore. I have a weird vibration in my left leg. No pain, just annoying. Made an appt. with a neurologist and have been scouring the internet since. I  then came across the TUMS with Calcium recommendation. As soon as my daughter comes home, I'm heading out to the nearest CVS! Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Has anyone had their neurologist perform a EMG? This is a nerve test study . Also, how often a day and is there a consistency with when ? Thanks
Biotin 2mg and Methy B12 2mg per day fixed my issue with body tremors. B vitamin deficiency causes many problems that your doctor might miss. Look it up and do your own research.