Neurology Community
Vibrations of the Body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vibrations of the Body

Hello I have been having strange vibrations throughout my body. I have had back pain for a few years and the past 2 months it has got a lot worse with tingly and burning sensations. If feels like electrical impulses running across my back. Furthermore when I lie down to get relief or am going to bed or sitting for awhile I start getting vibrations starting in my lower back then down both my legs and then my whole body vibrates like I am on one of those vibrating chairs. Sometimes it gets so intense that I have to get up and walk to get it to stop. I went to the doctor for the back pain and he scheduled an MRI. I have not got the results back but these vibrations started a week ago. Any thoughts? Please I think I am going crazy.
I have the same exact feelings in my body, and I have fibromyalgia, and the vibrating, electrical impulses I was told are common symptoms for someone who has fibromyalgia, have you ever been checked for fibromyalgia?
Hi Johnny

I understand what you're going through.  I myself has been having back pains for a year now, mainly due to my posture.  The sense of vibration can be due to problem with the muscle (like fibromyalgia like what Lisa mentioned), or with the nerves supplying the muscle.  I think that's why an MRI was requested so that we can see if there nerves being impinged.

Avoid too much stress for now.  Do not worry too much as this may all increase your perception of unpleasant sensations.

I hope you and your doctor will get to the bottom of this and institute proper treatment.  My regards....
Today was the first time I felt the cellphone vibrations in my left thigh and groin.  It sort of felt like a cat purring. Two weeks ago I passed a kidney stone. I have osteo arthritis in both knees.  What is this new weird thing?
I have the same feeling, it started two days ago.  It feels like a cat purring in my groin.  Not painfull, but annoying.  what is it?  I don't feel it when I walk.  Happened during a meeting today, and now again as a I write this.  Literally, in inttermitant hum, in my groin!
Johnny, I saw your note from a year ago on the forum, and since my symptoms are very much like yours, thought I'd post and ask if you're still having your vibrating in your head and shoulders - or has it spread?  I hope it's gone away, for your sake.  This is awful, isn't it?  I don't see any other of the "vibrating" posters who have it in their heads and faces.  

I, too, get nauseated from it, and headaches, and my vision is constantly beating, like a drum, just like my ears.  I also have high pitched "shivery" noises in my head.  I'm off balance a lot, too.  Something I don't see other posters saying anything about it pressure feelings.  I have this really bad inside my head, like a low-sitting crown.  My vibrations and other sensations are constant.  They never quit.  Like yours, they're made worse if I'm under any kind of stress or if I don't get enough sleep.  My vibrations are in my entire body, but the worst in my head and face.  I think it must even be affecting my larynx because my voice is quavery since this started, and my jaw moves excessively when I talk, and it makes me feel like I'm in a rush to get my words out, plus it makes me stutter and repeat myself, almost like a reflex.  

All told, these things are really incapacitating at times.  

Hope a Neuro Doc will look at this post and respond.

-Melinda
I am a 55 year old female, I have been experiencing an intermitten vibrating feeling thru out different areas of my body for about 6 months, it feels like when my cell phone is in my pocket on vibrate.  I am  a nurse working in a fast pace family clinic standing alot, stressed out alot.  Lately I have had headaches and temporary inability to speak clearly, it feels like my throat and tongue muscles get weak , this usually last approx 30 minutes or so.  I also have the burning sensation in my face.  I was dx'd several years ago with drug induced lupus from taking hormones for menapause.  Even tho I work with a internal doctor I don't like to complain about myself, so I just put up with it.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The most probable causes to be ruled out for your symptoms are - Aortic aneurysm ,Degeneration of the disks ,Kidney problems, such as infections or stones ,Muscle spasm (very tense muscles that remain contracted) ,Other medical conditions like fibromyalgia ,Poor alignment of the vertebrae ,Ruptured or herniated disk ,Small fractures to the spine from osteoporosis ,Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) ,Spine curvatures (like scoliosis or kyphosis) which may be inherited and seen in children or teens ,Strain or tears to the muscles or ligaments supporting the back . Please go for an MRI spine and consult a neurologist , Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

mine has only been going on for 6 or so months...when my mother died a year ago i sat at the pc most of my days and nights . didnt eat and stopped having bowel movements (from 3 per day to 1 in a week ) my panic attacks stopped ( sometimes going to the er 3-4 times per week) and when i got a tweek (pinched nerves i believe) in my back  from sitting way too long for way too long these vibrations started . as long as i dont sit for too long , i dont get them...until tonight...i knew i was working myself up for an anxiety attack from negative thoughts and stress and this is what has caused my vibrations.it feels like my heart is beating fast , but i take my pulse and its normal . for me its just anxiety , stress and sitting for too long at my pc .and IF i ever go see any professional , it will be a Chiropractor. i do hope that this will help someone :)
normal

I have been reading this and I am in need of relief, I have been feeling vibrating and buring pain in my legs and arms it is so bothersome it is causing anxiety.  I started cervical traction, does anyone know if this could be from that?  I do have bad discs in my neck, but if my neck is not painful I still feel this, and it has been bad for a week now, I need help and relief!

Shelley
Sir,                                                                                                              You mentioned kidney problems. I have been experiencing vibration in my lower back for the last two weeks with increasing lower back pain. Two nights ago, and after some heavy lifting in very hot temperatures, I experienced an episode of gross hematuria. When I woke up the next morning my urine was clear, but I am experiencing great urgency with no relief upon urination. In fact I am only passing maybe a tablespoon of urine at a time and the feeling of a full bladder increases just after flow stops. Urine is light in color and clear with no odor. What do you think?