Neurology Community
Viral meningitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Viral meningitis

My friend has just recovered from viral meningitis. It has been a few days after recovery and she is still having vision problems .She consulted a doctor and took a scan which revealed that the outer lining of brain has swelled. Are the damages permanent?..Is there any cure as such?..Please tell.

This discussion is related to recovery from viral meningitis.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Keerthi,

Viral meningitis is a relatively benign form of meningitis, where full recovery is possible, with rarely any permanent sequelae. There are some reported cases of permanent damages, but not often.

Wishing your friend a speedy recovery
Blank
Hi mini_d
I have had weird off and on headache like pressure that accompanied shingles - the shingles on my back is almost gone after 8 weeks - the neurologist says I probably have viral meningitis and that it could last up to a month after the rash disappears - its kinda scarry for me - do you have any insight - i still go to work and sometimes my head doesn't even hurt but other times it does - it never really goes away
dave
Blank
i am sorry to hear about your friend and hope she has gotten better.

well, my story is.. my son was 2 months old when he got viral meningitis. the virus affected his brachial plexus nerves and he is unable to use his biceps or lift his right arm to this very day.  I am still trying anything to get it fixed but no Dr. has really helped him.  I am really frustrated but i believe and pray that your friends symptoms will not be as long term as my sons. oh and he is currently 5 years old and has been in PT and used the estem for many years.

well, good luck to you and if anybody else is reading this and could help in any way..please comment..

thanks...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank