Neurology Community
Vision Problems and Light Headed

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vision Problems and Light Headed

I was wondering if any one has heard of what I am going through.  I have been having problems with my eyes and feeling light headed lately.  It usually happens when I stand up or bend down. When I get back up, I feel like my peripheral vision is somewhat closing in. (Sometimes flickering) I don't really know how else to describe it.  I have a general feeling of just being light headed, like my head is not quite right and my vision is definitely not right for a few minutes after standing up.   By the end of the day, my eyes feel as if the eye muscles are kind of sore. (If that makes any sense.)  Have you heard of that before?

Von

This discussion is related to Light-headed and Vision Problems.

My 17 yr old daughter has severe episodes every day 15-20 times a day along with a multitude of other symptoms.   What you are having sounds like Orthostatic Hypotension which can be determined by taking your blood pressure when sitting and then taking it again when you stand.  You may see a big difference in the readings between standing and sitting which would explain these symptoms.  Read up on Orthostatic Hypotension and or POTS.   The accurate test for this is called a Heads Up Tilt Table Test.