Neurology Community
Vomiting and Passing Out

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Vomiting and Passing Out

Hi - my 71 yr. old mother had two episodes where she felt suddenly light headed, nauseous, needed to go to the bathroom and when she got there, she passed out.  The first time she doesn't remember but she vomited before or while she was passed out.  The second time she acted like she was going to vomit, sounded and looked like she was choking, then passed out with out vomiting.  She was extremely tired and had a bad headache for several hours.  She was coherant, talking and could move okay.  She had lost her appetite and has some stomach soreness and cramps. Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
Hi, she should be evaluated for subdural hematoma, hypoglycemia, electrolyte imbalance, TIA etc. As she is old chances of brain hemorrhage are high, MRI brain should be done.  Features like vomiting, hypertension, low pulse, and headache are quite suggestive of brain pathology.

Try drugs like ranitidine, omeprazole for gastritis related vomiting. What about history of hypertension and diabetes?
Avatar n tn
My 83 year old father has been having spells where he feels nauseous, vomits, then passes out. He has heart trouble and every heart test imaginable done when he has one of these spells and everything with the heart is OK.  Any suggestions for a cause of these spells. They seem to be getting closer together.
ccjohns
Avatar n tn
Did you ever get a diagnosis for your fathers condition.  My father is 80 and having the same symptoms and the doctors do not know what is wrong.

Help! - RAmaya
Avatar n tn
My  best friend is very young, 15 and his having problems just like this. symptoms of vomiting, passing out, stomach pains/cramps, and severe hour long headaches. I dont want anything to happen to her, shes really all i have left. please help!
I am 33 (female). I have passing out spells here and there for the past couple months but I Vomit AFTER I wake up from passing out. I canr seem to find anything about that. Usually ppl get sick BEFORE.  Any idea's to why I am backwards? The Dr's cant seem to find anything wrong with me and I have had every lab test you can think of. I have these woozy spells -then pass out, wake up and get violently sick ( 2x's I even lost control of my bladder) and then I rest or sleep for couple hours. My body aches all over and I have been sick like this for the past 4 months. I now have Petechiae/Purpura on my legs (little) and my arms (alot). ANA was neg. (my mom has MS) so i was worried about that.
Please help - I cant get any answers . . . . .
I have symptoms of a red rash on my leg, then I get the chills, then I get a really bad headache and fever, and I throw up and pass out, I also lose control of my bladder. which ever leg that the rash is on it swells up really bad with fever. I do have edema. any suggestions. the doctor has ran test after test and I also went to the ER
I'm a 15 year old girl. I am having these sypotoms today. Woke up at 3am with bad cramps and after a while I started vomiting. I noticed while vomiting I am blacking out and coming back. A few minutes after the black out and vomiting it's hard to move. My head is hurting very bad, and I'm sweating but my body is cold   if you know anything please let me know. Please, if anyone think I should go to the ER, let me know.