WHAT IS INTERCOASTAL NEURALGIA AND HOW DOES IT HAPPEN?
MY CHIROPRACTOR TELLS ME I SUFFER FROM INTERCOASTAL NEURALGIA. WHAT ARE THE PARTICULARS AND WHAT IS THE BEST TREATMENT.  IT HAPPENS QUITE SUDDENLY AND FEELS LIKE I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK.  THANK YOU,   KBC48
This diagnosis by your chiropractor is really a non-specific diagnosis and this just means that you have pain coming from the nerves in the spaces between the ribs.  The cause is not usually clear but this can come from compression of nerves from their origins in the spine.  There can also be nutritional factors like deficiencies in B vitamins and other micronutrients.  I suggest that you have this looked at by a doctor/neurologist to have a more clear cut diagnosis (which I believe the chiropractor is not qualified to do so). It is also important to rule out if this pain is of cardiac in origin (possibly through EKG's or stress treadmill testing).

Regards.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND OPINION. MY CHIROPRACTER DID SAY THAT I SHOULD CHECK WITH MY PHYSICIAN. I DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT OFTEN BUT WHEN MY BACK SEEMS VERY TENSE IN THAT AREA.  IT IS A LITTLE FRIGHTENING.