Neurology Community
WILL HERNIATED DISK IN THE NECK MAKE YOU DIZZI

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

HI I HAVE 2 HERNIATED DISKS IN MY NECK FROM A CAR ACCIDENT BACK IN 2001 IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN FEELING DIZZI AND I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PANIC ATTACKS WERE MY HEART START GOING VERY FAST AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU WILL DIE, I HAD HAD DIFERRENT TEST DONE ETC ALL TEST COME BACK OK I ALSO WENT TO A ENT DOCTOR THEY DID A VERTIGO TEST HEAD SCAN HEARING TEST THEY ALL CAME OUT FINE I HAD TO TAKE A BETABLOCKER FOR MY FASTHEART BEATS MY DOCTORS ARE SAYING THAT I SUFFER FROM PANIC ATTACKS BUT I FEEL VERY DIZZI THAT EVRYTHING AROUNG ME IS NOT FLAT LIKE IF IAM ON A CRUISE AND I FEEL VERY NERVOUS .I NEVER JUST TO GET SEA SICK BEFORE AND LAST YEAR WHEN I GOT OF A CRUISE I FELT THAT ROCKING SENSATION FOR A WEEK LATTER

I DO GET A LOT OF HEADACHES AND MY NECK IS ALMOST ALWAYS HURTING
MY QUESTION IS CAN A HERNIATED DISK MAKE YOU VERY DIZZI EVEN IF ALL OF THE BALANCE TEST COME OUT OK
I THINK THIS IS MAKING ME FEEL VERY NERVOUS AND MAYBE I PANIC
BUT I THINK MY NECK HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH IT BECAUSE IF IT WAS ANCIEXTY ATTACK I SHOULD HAVE GOOD AND BAD DAYS BUT I DONT THEY ALL ARE BAD I HAVE THIS DIZZINES FEELING EVERY DAY EVEN IF A TAKE XANAX WHICH IS FOR ANXIETY NOW I AM NOT SURE IF YOUR HERNIATED DISK ON THE NECK WILL MAK E YOU LOOSE BALANCE AND FEEL THAT THINGS ARE SPINDING AROUND YOU MAYBE I CONPRESSED NERV ETC
HAS ANYBODY HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE HELP

THANK YOU

Sorry that you are having this problem. I also have neck and back problems.  I take Celebrex twice a day 200mg.
I have ddd in my cervical spine. I sleep with a special Cervical pillow. If I lay a certain way sometimes i get dizzy feeling.
SO I think it is possible to have herniated disc cause dizziness.  I also have panic attacks. Mine started after taking steroids for my neck.  I talk myself out of them  I dont take medication for them.  
My husband had spining feeling, and it turned out to be blood pressure problem.  

I wish you luck getting this resolved.

Keep going to doctors and get it resolved.

Gail
Hey man I feel you pain.I've have been having the same symtoms (symptoms) I herniated two discs in my lower back about 2 years ago while working road construction.The day I hurt myself I had a racing heaqrtbeat along with dizziness my equalibrium was was whacko,I thought I was going to die it scared the hell out of me.I've done physical therapy for 1 year and a half.It was helping with my symptoms but the anxiety feeling has just came back strong about 3 months ago.I have been told by countless doctors that its all in my head,but I was a normal human b4 this happened and I know my body.I have go see another nuerologist next month.But I know in my heart these episodes are from my pinched nerves they tried to put me on pill but the pills made its worst I have panic attacks everyday its pure hell I tell ya good luck my friend...
hello, i also have multi level ddd on my cervical spine and also in my lumbar mild spinal stenosis l4,l5 and disc bulge and a pinched nerve, i  have bad back ( painful upper back that goes on and off ) and also neck pain sometimes i feel headpain and feeling dizzy sometimes, and my balance sometimes is affected... this happened 5 years ago.. but i get better with back stretching exersice.. i hope our symptoms is not an indication of another problem..i know we've been through a lot of pain and cant afford to have any additional problem in any other part of our body.. hope you could find aid to control ur pain.. your not alone in this battle.. i am just 38 yrs old and sufferred  5 years with this.. keep up your faith and continue to have a positive outlook in life..
I am both surprised and bewildered by these comments. I came on this site
to also see if my herniated disc (in my neck) could be the reason for my
vertigo- I too went through all of the tests with a neurologist and Ent-
and everything came out fine.  So what is the cause of the vertigo? no one
knows= how nice! although I am glad I am not alone in this I too would like
to get some real answers- I wish all the best
FW
I have the same prob with disc in my neck and pretty much all same symptoms i was woundering if any of you have swollan glands also?
Hi S

I experience brief 'episodes' of sudden dizziness - feeling like I will black out (I start to stagger if I am standing at the time), get migraines with vision loss/flashing lights, have developed black 'floaters' in one eye and a recent MRI shows 'markedly attenuated signal from the origin of left vertebral artery.

I am awaiting a neurology appointment (soooooo long to wait!  Months!) because I suffer from Ehlers Danlos (and many associated and diverse symptoms) and that means a higher risk of possible aneurysm because my tissues are delicate.

In answer to your question, yes, I have had a swollen left gland in my neck on and off, but despite mentioning this to doctors, it has not really been considered an issue.  Sometimes when I swallow (e.g. a cup of tea first thing in the morning) it feels like there is a little lump there.

I am unsure whether this is related to my other symptoms above.

I have a lot of symptoms.  I have headaches, lightheadedness, muscle pain all over.  I was diagnosed with many illnesses and one of them is cervical spine injury (herniated discs/bulging disc)  I've had headaches for more than twenty years on and off, balance problems, dizziness.   I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid, but the med is not helping me.  I'm getting worse.  I'm seeing a Endocrinologist and Cardiologist (low blood pressure/possible circulation problems)  Soon a Neurologist for Autonomic Nervous System Disorder, she found this disorder by doing a test for the nervous system (Ansar)
So you see I definitely share your pain.  
Hope you feel better.

Maria 2011