Neurology Community
Waiting on someone to help me

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Waiting on someone to help me

6 months ago my symptoms started out with lower back pain and extreme leg weakness. None of these treatment helped. Chiropracter, physical therapy, pain managment, pain  medication, musle relaxants. Mri's didn't show anything that would be causing the back pain. Was told the leg weakness was not associated with the back pain. Finally got a discogram and it showed a torn annulus. Doc says that's where the back pain is coming from. I have been experiencing tingling, burning, and numbness in my legs and feet. For the past month my legs have began to cramp. My knees buckle quite often, I have erratic sleep pattern and sounds like my heart is beating in my head all the time. My neurologists exam showed I have hyperactive reflexes in my knees, no reflex response to scraping the bottoms of my feet, top of left foot does not feel sensation of cold, balance problems, and when he checks my reflexes in my knees, my entire upper body jerks to the left side.I am a diabetic, non insulin, I have been diagnosed with pernicious anemia since all my problems started. I am on B12 injections monthly. My neurologist said I could have nerve damage due to lack of B12. When I ask him "What is wrong with me"  he says he don't know. He is sending me to a neuromuscular specialist for more testing. Any one have any idea what could be going on with me?
Well I am like u, someone looking for answers...not a dr. But I do have  a few ?'s for u......was ur MRI of ur lombar,thoracic or cervical spine??.....if not ur cervical, I would suggest u get one and also of ur brain.It can rule out many conditions, that have same symptoms.

I hope u find a dx soon!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
The only MRI they have not done is of my brain.  

Thanks for the input.
U r welcome....u may also want to get a flow study...CINE MRI to make sure u don't have a CSF blockage.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"