Neurology Community
Waking dream after fainting

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Waking dream after fainting

I've been Googling for an hour or so, but I can't seem to find this aspect of my experience.  I thank you all for reading.

I was a bit out of it today and busy, and I now realize I didn't eat all day. Around 8pm, I was walking home from the grocery store with my daughter, crossing through a break in the fence under some trees.  I'm not sure what happened, I faintly recall thinking something was brushing my face (a leaf?) and I freaked out a bit and swatted at it.

My point of view: It is not complete, but so far as I concerned, none of that had happened.  I thought I was still in the store deciding between brands of something and was getting quite impatient with my daughter when she insisted I'm fallen and was acting weird.  I could hear all she said, and I could respond, I just had no basis of reality.

From my daughter's point of view: After I swatted at the leaf, I took a single step then fell to the ground and began faintly twitching, making some gagging sounds, with my eyes rolled back in my head.  She was in a panic, of course, as she is only 10.  This lasted for about 30 seconds by her recollection.  After, she was trying to convince me that I'd fallen, that I was acting strange, that she was worried, and I kept dismissing her fears with "I'll be done in a moment, just let me pick.  Hold on. I'm almost done looking," and outright denying any accusations of falling or being injured.

She's not the best with estimating time, but it seems to have been a full 5-10 minutes that I continued in this delusion, staring blankly up at the trees above.

"Waking" was sudden and I was confused as hell, I was drenched in sweat and incredibly nauseous, but was able to lug myself home and listen to my daughter's version of events.

I've seen posts and stories from people who dream while fainting, but never this sort of... waking dream.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas on what could cause this?
Hi!
I can appreciate your concern. In all probability you had a vasovagal attack, brough about by sudden fear of something brushing against your face. The fact that your stomach was empty only aggravated the attack due to hypoglycemia and hunger. However, please consult your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.