Waking up with dizziness
Last night my boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night feeling dizzy; he was laying on his side and when he turn to the other side felt his eyes were moving from side to side really fast. He closed his eyes and fall back to sleep. When he woke up in the morning, he felt the same sensation but only last for a little while. After that episode and for the rest of the day he says he feels that when he is not focussing on something (like watching tv or looking at someone) he is okay, but the other moments he feels a little dizzy but without the eyes-moving sensation he felt while being laying on bed.

The is no nausea or pain in the ears. He's been basically healthly for a long time now.

Could it be something related to stress ot not eating right? (he's been out of work for a while now and i really believe he's been eating right when i'm not home).

Thanks,
Carla
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The condition needs proper evaluation. The cause could be an inner ear problem with his symptoms of  dizziness and nystagmus. I would recommend that he contact your primary care physician.  He or she might refer him to an ENT for further evaluation and treatment.  I would strongly caution him not to drive or operate heavy machinery while dizzy as he might injure self or others.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.