Neurology Expert Forum
Was this a TIA ?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Was this a TIA ?

My father went to the emergency room last week as he had a tingling and slightly numb sensation up in his left hand and up the left arm and side of the face, it passed quickly and left no lasting weakness. The consultant said this was a mini stroke and sent him home, however on the way out his left hand started to cramp or spasm so the hospital admitted him and performed an MRI which was fine. He had another left hand spasm whilst in the hospital and the consultant could not explain it. He was discharged after a couple of days with a prescription for aspirin and statins for lowering cholesterol levels ( This was 7.5) Since coming home he has had continuing odd sensations but this time involving his right cheek and right leg.
My father is 63 not overweight but was a smoker until recently, his last blood pressure reading in the hospital was 150/70 which leads me to ask are these TIA's or is it possible that it is a neurological problem causing these symtoms (symptoms)?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks.