Weak Eye Musles and Double Vision
When no ophthalmologic reason can be found for double vision, persumably caused from weak eye muscles, could there be a neurological problem and what tests would be done to try to determine the cause?  Would a neurology consult be warranted? Diabetes has been ruled out.
Well, if you're saying the opthalmologist couldn't determine that weak eye muscles were the cause of your double vision, I wonder what he did say you should do about your double vision, surely he didn't leave you hanging.  Sometimes double vision is caused by medications, so review side effects of whatever you're taking.  Also, you could get a second opinion from another eye specialist before you seek out a neurologist, before you spend a lot of money with neuro tests.  There are other reasons for double vision, but I'm no expert in eyes, so if you seek a second opinion from another opthalmologist, you could ask him to point you in the right direction for treatment.
I have checked my meds and have found no double vision side effects.  I did see my ophthalmologist again yesterday and low and behold he is referring me to someone else. He is stuck on the idea that the only reason for weak eye muscles is high blood sugar.  I am not completely ignorant on causes of weak muscles and the fact that it comes and goes is also worrisome.  So, hopefully the referral will get me some results.  Thanks for your comments.
Just wondering what the results of your double vision was, my father-in-law is having very similiar issues, thank you!