Neurology Community
Weird Headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Weird Headache

Hello. For the past 12 days I've been experiencing a headache in the back of my head. It's never severe, but nagging. It's not there all the time, it comes and goes. A good night's sleep and it's fine until a few hours later. I went to the Dr. for shortness of breath 1/23/07 and was told I had a nodule on my lung. Igot a CT scan on 1/24/07. It was neg. for cancer. Now, it could be heart related. OK, I started having these headaches the 24th. Could it be the stress of worrying about test results? The headache feels like pins and needles. It's just in back of my head and like I said, not severe. Anyone experience this kind of headache? Thanks,    Ray
hey..yelp ive posted on another place about this too but yes i have been having headaches too mostly in the back of my head,not really pain but enough to get on your nerves..mine also ends up with light headness or dizziness..i cant even drive..mine comes and goes but dont stay gone long before its back and gets worser at bedtime..i cant even sleep from this..i also hurt on the top of my head and mine burns too sometimes..and sometimes in the center of my neck,wonder if this could be caused from your back or spine causing these headaches?? my back does burn alot..well hope i help alittle..
For headache do this breathing exercise, and it will ease the pain and help you sleep better.
Drink a glass of water before the breathing.
Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then  - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then   -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then   - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for upto 15 minutes. Maximum 3 times day.
Hope the pain eases.
the first reply sounds like a tension headache but ive got the same thing as the writer if anyone has any info on this let me know what it is and what helps it e mail me at ***@****
I had a mild migraine for thirteen days solid. I would go from nagging pain to severe through the course of the day. My doctor put me on blood pressure meds and I was fine. My bp is only slightly high but for me it is enough to set in the head ache. Now I double my bp meds when I get the headache  and it goes away with in a few hours. A common (unmediacated) blood pressure for me is 130/85 most doc would dismiss it.