Weird Tremors
I have been to 3 Neurologists and they have all given me a healthy exam, 2 brain mri's 2 years ago and countless blood work.  I wake up in the morning and have tremors throughout my body especially in my hands and legs, My body also feels like a building swaying back and forth.  The only thing that Mayo Clinic could find was that my vitamin D level was 17.  I have heard from internet sources that a low vitamin D level can cause tremors????? i'm running out of options here guys not really sure what to do.  The Tremors I can feel, they are not zaps but I can feel them and people can't see them, If I eat i can feel the shaking, If I pay for something with my card i can feel it, if I write I can feel it.  When I'm still there is a slight trembiling feeling.

Can anyone give me any insight here?
Hi bmwzw and welcome to the forums!  

I'm sorry to hear of your "tremors" that is causing you such distress.  Have your Neurologists (all 3 of them) tell you what kind of tremors you have? Essential tremors? Intention Tremors? Or did they not say you had them at all?  What did they say in regard to your "swaying" back and forth?  Have you gone to a ENT (Ear nose and throat) doctor?  The swaying can be caused by vestibular dysfunction, although I can't diagnose over the internet nor can I give a diagnosis just an educated guess.  

What type of blood test for the Vit D level did they perform? Was it the 25-hydroxyvitamin D blood test?  I would think if you had this done at the Mayo clinic, that they would have done the proper test for Vit D.  Did they say your level was deficient? If so, did they prescribe you with any supplementation?

What other type of blood tests did they do? Do you know of them and what their results are?  What was your MRI's impression 2 years ago? Do you have a copy of the written report from the facility that performed this?

I wish I could be more of a help to you.  

Best wishes to you.

Lisa
They say I don't have any tremors, I feel them and can see them when i eat and pull out my wallet to grab things and when I'm still it's almost like my body sways back and forth.  I had a brain Mri done in 2008, mra done in 2009 both were negative and i have copies of the cd's and reports everything was completely normal no abnormalities.  when i straighten my hands they spasm, when I stand still my body sways maybe to my heart, i had the milliondollar workup, I'm talking blood work for everything, vitamin D level was the only abnormal thing.  seems like the diazepam I take for sleep helps the tremors a little bit. This all started with a bad virus and a left sided headache that went away when i started taking the diazapam.  I dont workout that much, poor diet, and blood pressure is 140/80 I can't figure out these tremors for the life of me, 2 different neurologists both the touch your nose exams and walk the lines and hold your hands out and when I hold my hands out they can't see any tremors, I feel it all internally and all of them say it's anxiety but i dont feel anxious.  But at this point I'm willing to believe anything??  They promise me it's not parkinsons and MS but I'm a bit of a hypochondriach, so I'm constantly worrying about these tremors.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!!

when I wake up it's bad, and then it's an uneasy feeling through out my body the whole day and my legs kind of shake and sway a little too.  I just want to know if it's a vitamin def., essential tremor, I want it to end!!!!!!!!
Hi I feel for you as I have a similar problem! My arms & hands shake when I move & I was told by a Neurologist to hold my hands out & was told there was no tremor. I too have the internal ones & also feel like my hands are tight & weak. I also had low Vitamin D (48.75) and was given 60,000 a week to take but this has nearly finished and I feel no better. I had MRI & Head CT Scan 7 months ago & was normal and told anxiety. Been put on meds for 2 months but still feel the same. Also arms feel tired
I'm not a doctor and I can't diagnose over the internet, let alone in person.  It would be out of place for me to do so.  But have you considered going to a ENT doctor and let them know about the swaying? Perhaps its some form of vertigo with the "swaying"?

If you do have essential tremors, then I could allay your anxiety and state that it is not a "life threatening" symptom.  It is a genetic predisposition, meaning if your parents have it, then you have a 50% chance of getting it  yourself.

Are you taking supplements for your Vit D deficiency?  

I wouldn't call yourself a hypochondriac, more that you are concerned about your health and what you are feeling.

Sure, anxiety can creep up on us all -- you're no exception to the rule.  Yes, I know a lot of doctors and/or nurses will use the "it's just anxiety" explanation, and most of the time, it is within good reason.  There's nothing wrong with suffering from anxiety -- its not like you have the plague.  There is a concern if it is debilitating you to a point where you can't enjoy life and live it to the fullest.  Have you ever thought about taking walks at least once a day to begin exercising?  Not only would you get the Vit D from the sun but you will feel better all the way around.  Perhaps you can join classes in your local community and get involved with something that interests you.  

I realize these things do not allay your fears that something isn't right, but it can't hurt can it?

I am glad the Neurologists have stated they feel that it is not Parkinsons or MS.  I'm sure that is a relief to you as well.

I wish you the best and again, welcome to the forums.

Lisa
A Parkinson's tremor and MS would cause different symptoms right? If I had an MRI in 2008 and and mra in 2009 there is no reason for further brain scans?