Neurology Community
Weird behavior and spacing out - unruptured cerebral aneurysn

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello.  I hope someone can help me make sense of this.  Due to severe headaches, I was given a brain MRI which showed a possible small aneurysm.  A subsequent CTA verified that I do have a 4mm aneurysm on the anterior communicating artery. I've had a lumbar puncture with no evidence of a bleed.  My neurologist has referred me to a neurosurgeon, but I have not been able to get in to see him yet.  The headaches continue, along with fatigue, and now I have also exhibited some worrisome behavior that I'm wondering if it is attributable to the aneurysm.  The other night, my husband was leaving, and he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't follow the conversation.  I was basically falling asleep in the middle of a sentence.  I did wake up enough to have a conversation with my son, but when I fell asleep on the couch, he woke me up to go to bed.  Before I actually went to bed, however, I picked up some quarters along with a drink coaster, set it all on a plastic lid and just stood there looking at it.  I also apparently went into the bathroom, tore the curtain down, and then got out all of my nail polish and just set it on the bathroom floor.  I have no recollection of any of this.  Today, I was talking on the phone (I do phone customer service, and I was talking to a customer), and all of a sudden, I heard him say "Are you there?"  I have no idea what he was telling me prior to this or how long I was in this state, but it was as if I just suddenly blacked out from what he was saying.  I didn't literally black out, because I was still sitting up when I came to, but it was scary.  I have never experienced episodes like this before, so I'm thinking they have to have something to do with the aneurysm.  Has anybody heard of anything like this before?  Or do I coincidentally just happen to be losing my mind for some other reason at the same time as this aneurysm happens to be there?  Please help, because I'm worried about what might happen next.