What are the Danger's and Treatment Options???
I recently learned that I have what is called TIA on the left side and a Bruit on both Carotids' when I went in to the Emergency Room I was told about the Carotid Bruit and before they did the Surgery to remove all of my Thyroid ( due to Thyroid Storm ) I was told of the TIA. I haven't been told nothing further except to take Aspirin, I got out of the Hospital on June 27th after 7 days in the Hospital and that was on a Friday, the following Monday I had the same symptoms I had when I went in which were Shaking, a feeling of intoxication and swelling in the hand and numbness on the right side of the body !! ( opted not to go in ) So now I'm lost I have no clue what it is I should do, or what kind of questions I should ask or even what kind of Doctor to seek out for help. I'm a little well a lot scared actually that I will have a full scale Stroke.............Also should I drive with this condition? Any HELP will be appreciated
My father started having TIA's a few years before he had a massive stroke.  My recommendation is to followup with both a cardiologist and a neurologist.  They will need to find out the root cause (Carotid blockage, cholesteral, blood clots, spasms etc).  If you have signs again GO STRAIGHT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!!  My father waited 18 hours with symptoms until his stroke was no longer intervenable.  Had he gone to the hospitl when his first symtoms appeared they may have been able to minimize the damage.  Don't assume anything.  Let the experts figure it out.